Trouble removing eMachines T2080 (desktop) cover

Thomas G. Marshall

[Note: I'm assuming, perhaps incorrectly, that this is a sensible group for
eMachines questions, since Gateway purchased them. I apologize if I am
incorrect.]

I have inherited an eMachines T2080 desktop tower, and can't get the
right-side cover off. This is the larger cover that wraps over the top of
the machine as well. It comes loose, but only slides maybe 1/2 inch toward
me and only partially lifts off the tower. It sounds off with a "thunk"
when I slide the cover toward the rear of the machine, as if it were hitting
a stop somewhere, but it cannot be lifted up or in any direction, so it's as
it that stop were permanent.

The majority of things within the tower are accessible by taking the left
panel off (the primary one), but I need to get behind the motherboard for
cleaning, and need to look at the right side of the HD bay.

There seems to be no diagrams nor advice online at emachines.com for
removing this thing. Any ideas?

Removing Cover Tharpa Roberts Dell 6 04-27-2007 07:45 PM
Removing Dell Dimsion 2300 Cover B. Walker Dell 1 08-03-2005 08:53 PM
Please Help!! Removing Cover on IBM Thinkpad i series 1400 Sammy Laptops 1 12-08-2004 11:11 PM
Removing back cover off an E220R Rich Teer Sun Hardware 16 10-10-2004 02:10 AM
Removing cover and hard drive from PB S606 Ken Brevett Packard Bell 2 09-03-2003 12:11 AM