Motherboard Forums


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes

trying to download palm tungsten e2 software

 
 
Susan
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-23-2006, 05:12 AM
I've upgraded my pda from tungsten e to tungsten e2. I had difficulties
loading the initial software onto the tablet. I can't seem to do it with the
e2 software. I tried downloading from palm website as well as from the cd
without any success.

Palm says that they don't support windows xp tablet pc edition. Is there an
incompatibility? Can I get around it?
--
Susan
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Josh Einstein
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-23-2006, 05:40 AM
Just tell them you have Windows XP Pro. They probably have no idea what
Tablet PC edition is, nor do they need to. It's the same as pro as far as
they should be concerned.

--
Josh Einstein
Einstein Technologies
Microsoft Tablet PC MVP
Tablet Enhancements for Outlook 2.0 - Try it free for 14 days
www.tabletoutlook.com


"Susan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've upgraded my pda from tungsten e to tungsten e2. I had difficulties
> loading the initial software onto the tablet. I can't seem to do it with
> the
> e2 software. I tried downloading from palm website as well as from the cd
> without any success.
>
> Palm says that they don't support windows xp tablet pc edition. Is there
> an
> incompatibility? Can I get around it?
> --
> Susan



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
jsbailey
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-16-2006, 03:55 AM
Josh:

I, and many others, have had similar problems. The palm install program
locks up -- I assume because of the "incompatability" problem referenced by
Palm. There is no opportunity to identify the system as XP or XP pro. It
just locks up and does nothing.

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks its Palm's battle against its rival,
the tablet pc.

"Josh Einstein" wrote:

> Just tell them you have Windows XP Pro. They probably have no idea what
> Tablet PC edition is, nor do they need to. It's the same as pro as far as
> they should be concerned.
>
> --
> Josh Einstein
> Einstein Technologies
> Microsoft Tablet PC MVP
> Tablet Enhancements for Outlook 2.0 - Try it free for 14 days
> www.tabletoutlook.com
>
>
> "Susan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I've upgraded my pda from tungsten e to tungsten e2. I had difficulties
> > loading the initial software onto the tablet. I can't seem to do it with
> > the
> > e2 software. I tried downloading from palm website as well as from the cd
> > without any success.
> >
> > Palm says that they don't support windows xp tablet pc edition. Is there
> > an
> > incompatibility? Can I get around it?
> > --
> > Susan

>
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Baylynx
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-30-2006, 07:57 PM
Maybe this will help you. Try it!

Here's the fix>

1. Go the Microsoft Downlad Center and download Windows Script 5.6 for
Windows XP and Windows 2000.

2. Install the Scripten file (scripten.exe) and restart your computer.

3. Install PalmOne software.

Worked for me.

Baylynx

"Baylynx" wrote:

> I am unable to install the S/W Installation CD for the PalmOne Tungsten E2.
> Error 2738 pops up everytime the Setup Launcher configures Windows Installer.
> The InstallShield Wizard displays the message: The wizard was interrupted
> before PalmOne could be completely installed.
>
> I called PalmOne Customer Support (which is practically non-existent) and
> was told to contact Microsoft because there is a conflict with the Windows
> OS. A search on the MS forums for error 2738 found "could not access
> VBscript runtime for custom action [2]" I dont know what this means and
> would appreciate help from others on this forum.
>
> I purchased my Tungsten E2 online almost a month ago and have not been able
> to use it. I desperately need some help here. Thank you.
>
> Baylynx
> Compaq Presario 2100
> Windows XP Pro SP2
>



"jsbailey" wrote:

> Josh:
>
> I, and many others, have had similar problems. The palm install program
> locks up -- I assume because of the "incompatability" problem referenced by
> Palm. There is no opportunity to identify the system as XP or XP pro. It
> just locks up and does nothing.
>
> The conspiracy theorist in me thinks its Palm's battle against its rival,
> the tablet pc.
>
> "Josh Einstein" wrote:
>
> > Just tell them you have Windows XP Pro. They probably have no idea what
> > Tablet PC edition is, nor do they need to. It's the same as pro as far as
> > they should be concerned.
> >
> > --
> > Josh Einstein
> > Einstein Technologies
> > Microsoft Tablet PC MVP
> > Tablet Enhancements for Outlook 2.0 - Try it free for 14 days
> > www.tabletoutlook.com
> >
> >
> > "Susan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > I've upgraded my pda from tungsten e to tungsten e2. I had difficulties
> > > loading the initial software onto the tablet. I can't seem to do it with
> > > the
> > > e2 software. I tried downloading from palm website as well as from the cd
> > > without any success.
> > >
> > > Palm says that they don't support windows xp tablet pc edition. Is there
> > > an
> > > incompatibility? Can I get around it?
> > > --
> > > Susan

> >
> >
> >

 
Reply With Quote
 
erin
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-08-2007, 01:39 AM
I am frustrated by this problem as well. These appear to be old posts. Is
there any updated info? I have 2 Tablet PC's and a Palm T3 & cannot HotSync.
Palm says they are working on it.

"Susan" wrote:

> I've upgraded my pda from tungsten e to tungsten e2. I had difficulties
> loading the initial software onto the tablet. I can't seem to do it with the
> e2 software. I tried downloading from palm website as well as from the cd
> without any success.
>
> Palm says that they don't support windows xp tablet pc edition. Is there an
> incompatibility? Can I get around it?
> --
> Susan

 
Reply With Quote
 
Carol
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-23-2007, 09:36 PM
I have Tungsten E2's and cannot install on windows xp tablet edition as
well. Does anyone have a workaround? Thanks!

"erin" wrote:

> I am frustrated by this problem as well. These appear to be old posts. Is
> there any updated info? I have 2 Tablet PC's and a Palm T3 & cannot HotSync.
> Palm says they are working on it.
>
> "Susan" wrote:
>
> > I've upgraded my pda from tungsten e to tungsten e2. I had difficulties
> > loading the initial software onto the tablet. I can't seem to do it with the
> > e2 software. I tried downloading from palm website as well as from the cd
> > without any success.
> >
> > Palm says that they don't support windows xp tablet pc edition. Is there an
> > incompatibility? Can I get around it?
> > --
> > Susan

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Follow up to Dell + Palm Tungsten E2 not syncing with USB connection JDS Dell 3 06-24-2006 01:19 PM
isync (10.3.9) and Palm Tungsten sync pronlems dale303@gmail.com Apple 3 05-12-2006 04:38 PM
Anyone has datasheet for the LCD on a Palm's Tungsten W? Krist Neot Embedded 0 06-06-2005 02:59 AM
Sun Ray and Palm Tungsten C Garry Sun Hardware 1 04-03-2004 11:24 PM
Palm Tungsten E USB and Sun Ultra 60 ulRik Sun Hardware 1 11-10-2003 06:15 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:47 AM.


Welcome!
Welcome to Motherboard Point
 

Advertisment