Trying to install MOTU MIDI Express XT - Grrrrrr.....

Dave H.

Hi All,
I'm going mad, trying to get the driver for this to install in Win98SE -
anyone had any success with it? I go through the process, restart the PC
and... it hangs on restart, the MOTU doesn't show up in devce manager....
Grrrrr.
I *had* it working under the same OS, but had to sweep the PC clean and
start again, don't remember if I did anything diferent that time around!
System is a Compaq D500 P4, 1.5 GHz, 512 MB ram, with Advansys SCSI card
(for the Yam A5000 sampler), Gadget Labs Wave824 audio interface, ATI radeon
dual-display card and a PCI 2-parallel card. I'm trying to install the MIDI
Express XT card, parallel connection to the PC so I can talk to my synths
etc... ( I've tried removing and uninstalling the Wave824, and the PCI
parallel card, still no luck (

*Any* help will be gratefully received!

Dave H.

mickrocks

Make sure your parallel port is set to EPP.
I have the same audio and midi interface and they work fine.
good luck!

mickrocks

Double check your express is set to pc and not mac.