Turn off Battery warning

My daughter's college laptop, 9 months old,
is popping up annoying battery advertisements
from Dell ("Your battery is nearing the end of
its usable life, click here to order a new one").

This is annoying, any idea how I can turn it off?
She should get another two years out of the Li Ion
batteries she has.

Thanks,

--
Andrew Hall
(Now reading Usenet in alt.sys.pc-clone.dell...)

Tom Scales

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> My daughter's college laptop, 9 months old,
> is popping up annoying battery advertisements
> from Dell ("Your battery is nearing the end of
> its usable life, click here to order a new one").
>
> This is annoying, any idea how I can turn it off?
> She should get another two years out of the Li Ion
> batteries she has.
>
> Thanks,
>

> --
> Andrew Hall
> (Now reading Usenet in alt.sys.pc-clone.dell...)

Well, 12-18 months is more normal. If she's using it hard, 9 months is
early, but not out of line.

Regardless, as I recall, that popup gives the option to disable itself.

>> (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

news> (E-Mail Removed)...

>> My daughter's college laptop, 9 months old,
>> is popping up annoying battery advertisements
>> from Dell ("Your battery is nearing the end of
>> its usable life, click here to order a new one").
>>
>> This is annoying, any idea how I can turn it off?
>> She should get another two years out of the Li Ion
>> batteries she has.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>

>> --
>> Andrew Hall
>> (Now reading Usenet in alt.sys.pc-clone.dell...)

Tom> Well, 12-18 months is more normal. If she's using it hard, 9 months is
Tom> early, but not out of line.

Really? I have gotten 2-3 years with each of mine. The charge times
do go up, and the runtime down, but far from not-useful.

However she rarely uses it on battery. I did get good advice here not
to go too small on the college laptop.

Tom> Regardless, as I recall, that popup gives the option to disable itself.

I did not see that, I will look closer before she goes back to Chicago tomorrow.

Thanks.

--
Andrew Hall
(Now reading Usenet in alt.sys.pc-clone.dell...)

Robert McMillan

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> >> (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> news> (E-Mail Removed)...
> >>
> >> My daughter's college laptop, 9 months old,
> >> is popping up annoying battery advertisements
> >> from Dell ("Your battery is nearing the end of
> >> its usable life, click here to order a new one").
> >>
> >> This is annoying, any idea how I can turn it off?
> >> She should get another two years out of the Li Ion
> >> batteries she has.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>

> >> --
> >> Andrew Hall
> >> (Now reading Usenet in alt.sys.pc-clone.dell...)

> Tom> Well, 12-18 months is more normal. If she's using it hard, 9
> months is
> Tom> early, but not out of line.
>
> Really? I have gotten 2-3 years with each of mine. The charge times
> do go up, and the runtime down, but far from not-useful.
>
> However she rarely uses it on battery. I did get good advice here not
> to go too small on the college laptop.
>
> Tom> Regardless, as I recall, that popup gives the option to disable
> itself.
>
> I did not see that, I will look closer before she goes back to Chicago
> tomorrow.
>
> Thanks.
>

> --
> Andrew Hall
> (Now reading Usenet in alt.sys.pc-clone.dell...)

Isn't the battery normally covered by a year of warranty anyway. If you are
getting messages to replace it you should be able to get one under warranty.
HTH

Robert