How to turn off power change animation

Roland Mösl

I have an ASUS UL30.

The power change animation is really annoying.

Today was a cloudy day.
So my photovoltaic did not deliver enough electric
power for full operation.

And this causes an annoying series of
power change animations.

Notebook on car adapter,
buffer battery drops below 11 V

Big animation comes "Notebook on battery"

Buffer battery is charged by photovoltaic,
goes over 12V, car adapter starts working agin

Big animation comes "Notebook on power supply"

Now all starts again, about 2 times a second.

Without the power change animation,
it would be possible to work,
about 50% of the time on internal battery,
50% of the time from car adapter via
buffer battery on photovoltaic

So how to turn this damned power change animation off?

--
Roland Mösl
http://www.pege.org Planetary Engineering Group Earth

BillW50

In news:jnk4ue$dhv$(E-Mail Removed)-news-network.org,
Roland Mösl wrote:
> I have an ASUS UL30.
>
> The power change animation is really annoying.
>
> Today was a cloudy day.
> So my photovoltaic did not deliver enough electric
> power for full operation.
>
> And this causes an annoying series of
> power change animations.
>
> Notebook on car adapter,
> buffer battery drops below 11 V
>
> Big animation comes "Notebook on battery"
>
> Buffer battery is charged by photovoltaic,
> goes over 12V, car adapter starts working agin
>
> Big animation comes "Notebook on power supply"
>
> Now all starts again, about 2 times a second.
>
> Without the power change animation,
> it would be possible to work,
> about 50% of the time on internal battery,
> 50% of the time from car adapter via
> buffer battery on photovoltaic
>
> So how to turn this damned power change animation off?

It depends on where it is coming from. Lots of those messages if you are
running Windows are usually coming from the ACPI driver(s). If you
disable them, other things like the Fn+key also stops working. The BIOS
also usually plays a part in this too. And most of the time, they have
no toggle for something like this. But you can check anyway.

--
Bill

Roland Mösl

On 2012-04-29 22:16, BillW50 wrote:
> In news:jnk4ue$dhv$(E-Mail Removed)-news-network.org,
> Roland Mösl wrote:
>> I have an ASUS UL30.
>>
>> The power change animation is really annoying.
>>
>> Today was a cloudy day.
>> So my photovoltaic did not deliver enough electric
>> power for full operation.
>>
>> And this causes an annoying series of
>> power change animations.
>>
>> Notebook on car adapter,
>> buffer battery drops below 11 V
>>
>> Big animation comes "Notebook on battery"
>>
>> Buffer battery is charged by photovoltaic,
>> goes over 12V, car adapter starts working agin
>>
>> Big animation comes "Notebook on power supply"
>>
>> Now all starts again, about 2 times a second.
>>
>> Without the power change animation,
>> it would be possible to work,
>> about 50% of the time on internal battery,
>> 50% of the time from car adapter via
>> buffer battery on photovoltaic
>>
>> So how to turn this damned power change animation off?

> It depends on where it is coming from. Lots of those messages if you are
> running Windows are usually coming from the ACPI driver(s). If you
> disable them, other things like the Fn+key also stops working. The BIOS
> also usually plays a part in this too. And most of the time, they have
> no toggle for something like this. But you can check anyway.

Just thought to have found something

Customize Icons

Power -> Hide icons and notifications.

Only problem, this does not work, notifications are coming as usual

--
Roland Mösl
http://www.pege.org Planetary Engineering Group Earth

BillW50

In news:jo0iea$8fv$(E-Mail Removed)-news-network.org,
Roland Mösl typed:
> On 2012-04-29 22:16, BillW50 wrote:
>> In news:jnk4ue$dhv$(E-Mail Removed)-news-network.org,
>> Roland Mösl wrote:
>>> I have an ASUS UL30.
>>>
>>> The power change animation is really annoying.
>>>
>>> Today was a cloudy day.
>>> So my photovoltaic did not deliver enough electric
>>> power for full operation.
>>>
>>> And this causes an annoying series of
>>> power change animations.
>>>
>>> Notebook on car adapter,
>>> buffer battery drops below 11 V
>>>
>>> Big animation comes "Notebook on battery"
>>>
>>> Buffer battery is charged by photovoltaic,
>>> goes over 12V, car adapter starts working agin
>>>
>>> Big animation comes "Notebook on power supply"
>>>
>>> Now all starts again, about 2 times a second.
>>>
>>> Without the power change animation,
>>> it would be possible to work,
>>> about 50% of the time on internal battery,
>>> 50% of the time from car adapter via
>>> buffer battery on photovoltaic
>>>
>>> So how to turn this damned power change animation off?

>> It depends on where it is coming from. Lots of those messages if you
>> are running Windows are usually coming from the ACPI driver(s). If
>> you disable them, other things like the Fn+key also stops working.
>> The BIOS also usually plays a part in this too. And most of the
>> time, they have no toggle for something like this. But you can check
>> anyway.

> Just thought to have found something
>
> Customize Icons
>
> Power -> Hide icons and notifications.
>
> Only problem, this does not work, notifications are coming as usual

That should work only for the system tray icons and notifications. And
it shouldn't affect anything else.

--
Bill
Centrino Core2 Duo T5600 1.83GHz - 2GB - Windows XP SP2