Tyan Thunder K8WE - trying to find 4-pin 92mm cpu fans

Scotter

Restating problem in more clear/concise manner:

My Tyan K8WE (S2895) motherboard needs CPU fans with 4-pin connectors for
fan speed control from BIOS.
NOTE: Please understand when I say "4-pin" I don't mean the big Molex ones
like IDE drives use. I mean tiny
4-pin that plugs directly into the motherboard in a way most motherboards
have 3-pin connectors.
Please see page from motherboard manual:
http://www.oceanmedia.net/images/fan_4_wire.gif
So those 3pin/4pin adaptors you see all over the web are not what I need
because all the ones I've seen adapt the tiny 3-pin to the large 4-pin
Molex-type power plug.

I have read some reviews and I'm pretty well convinced I want this heatsink
solution:
ThermalRight XP-90C (all-copper version).
Does anyone you know carry a dual ball bearing 92mm cpu fan with a 4-pin
(not molex) power/control plug?
I would need two of them, one for each processor.

Thanks for any help/advice you can give!
--
Scotter

John McGaw

Scotter wrote:
> Restating problem in more clear/concise manner:
>
> My Tyan K8WE (S2895) motherboard needs CPU fans with 4-pin connectors for
> fan speed control from BIOS.
> NOTE: Please understand when I say "4-pin" I don't mean the big Molex ones
> like IDE drives use. I mean tiny
> 4-pin that plugs directly into the motherboard in a way most motherboards
> have 3-pin connectors.
> Please see page from motherboard manual:
> http://www.oceanmedia.net/images/fan_4_wire.gif
> So those 3pin/4pin adaptors you see all over the web are not what I need
> because all the ones I've seen adapt the tiny 3-pin to the large 4-pin
> Molex-type power plug.
>
> I have read some reviews and I'm pretty well convinced I want this heatsink
> solution:
> ThermalRight XP-90C (all-copper version).
> Does anyone you know carry a dual ball bearing 92mm cpu fan with a 4-pin
> (not molex) power/control plug?
> I would need two of them, one for each processor.
>
> Thanks for any help/advice you can give!

Like this? http://www.frozencpu.com/fan-188.html?id=qKubagC4

Those new fans really can be a PITA to find but they are slowly becoming
more available.

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]