Tyan Tiger K8WE Power Supply Question....

Junior Member

Hello, I was wondering if someone can help me. I just puchased a Tiger K8WE motherboard and I bought this power supply: http://www.highpowersupply.com/hpc500A12s.html (I liked the idea of having a wattage meater on it). Anyway, as I was flipping through the manual I noticed in big black letters "DO NOT ATX 2.X OR ATXGES POWER SUPPLIES" and as you can see by the power supply page, this particular one SAYS it can be used for ATX, BTX, and EPS12V. but then I noticed it says AMD 64 but not Opteron :/ I haven't gotten any of the parts in the mail yet, so there will still be time to get another power supply if I really need to, does anyone know if using this power supply will cause damage to my motherboard? Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Junior Member

I'm assuming from your post you planned to use this in an AMD Opteron based system. I'm thinking of buying the same thing for use in the Opteron system I'm building. Did you ever try to install it? If so, did everything work ok? If not, did you find out it wouldn't work or did you just err on the side of caution and go with another psu? And even then, which psu did you decide to go with?

...Solo