UK power conversion

Angelo Campanella

I'll make a week visit to the UK soon.

1- When I read the fine print on my power converter that I use at home for
115vac, I see it saying "100-240vac 1.9A".

2- Can I assume that all I have to do to use power outlets in the Hotel and
the Meeting premises is to use a mechanical adapter to connect my thin US
2-prong plug to the large 3-prong UK receptacles?

3- In other words, is it so that the IBM UP/N 08K8208 AC adapter block
contains electronic parts that accept 100-240 vac as input with no further
items such as a converter required?

Ange

Cydrome Leader

Angelo Campanella <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I'll make a week visit to the UK soon.
>
> 1- When I read the fine print on my power converter that I use at home for
> 115vac, I see it saying "100-240vac 1.9A".
>
> 2- Can I assume that all I have to do to use power outlets in the Hotel and
> the Meeting premises is to use a mechanical adapter to connect my thin US
> 2-prong plug to the large 3-prong UK receptacles?
>
> 3- In other words, is it so that the IBM UP/N 08K8208 AC adapter block
> contains electronic parts that accept 100-240 vac as input with no further
> items such as a converter required?
>
> Ange

all you need is the plug adapter. the specs of allowable input range
should be marked on the adapter itself, and should be 100-240.