[UK] What value this used 2800+ Sepron PC I saw?

andrew

I saw a used Sempron 2800+ PC for sale today. I'm not keen on ebay
and I couldn't get a price match.

What do you reckon is the going price for this PC which a dealer
bought from a liquidation sale and is selling on.

Sempron 2800+
Gigabyte mobo: PCIx3 PATAx4 SATAx2 6xUSB ports at rear
512 MB memory (fills both slots)
CD-R only
small 40 GB hard drive
XP Enterprise licence (maybe it means XP Pro?)

In quite good condition.

£100? £120? £140?

Palindrome

andrew wrote:
> I saw a used Sempron 2800+ PC for sale today. I'm not keen on ebay
> and I couldn't get a price match.
>
> What do you reckon is the going price for this PC which a dealer
> bought from a liquidation sale and is selling on.
>
> Sempron 2800+
> Gigabyte mobo: PCIx3 PATAx4 SATAx2 6xUSB ports at rear
> 512 MB memory (fills both slots)
> CD-R only
> small 40 GB hard drive
> XP Enterprise licence (maybe it means XP Pro?)
>
> In quite good condition.
>
> £100? £120? £140?

Here's what you can get for £120 + carraige:

"Dell Optiplex 755 small form factor PC, E4300 Core2Duo CPU (2.2Ghz),
1GB DDR2 RAM, 80GB HDD, DVD-ROM, 6x USB 2.0 ports, parallel/serial
ports, Intel 965 onboard graphics. Fantastic little box and seriously
quick. 120 quid plus post gets it.

Email (E-Mail Removed) if interested."

--
Sue

Surfer!

In message <Xns9B78D12739B24451E7A@204.153.245.20>, andrew
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>I saw a used Sempron 2800+ PC for sale today. I'm not keen on ebay
>and I couldn't get a price match.
>
>What do you reckon is the going price for this PC which a dealer
>bought from a liquidation sale and is selling on.
>
> Sempron 2800+
> Gigabyte mobo: PCIx3 PATAx4 SATAx2 6xUSB ports at rear
> 512 MB memory (fills both slots)
> CD-R only
> small 40 GB hard drive
> XP Enterprise licence (maybe it means XP Pro?)
>
>In quite good condition.
>
>£100? £120? £140?

£50 or so. Mostly for the XP licence, if it's genuine.

--
Surfer!
Email to: ramwater at uk2 dot net

Lou Ravi

Surfer! wrote:
> In message <Xns9B78D12739B24451E7A@204.153.245.20>, andrew
> <(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>> I saw a used Sempron 2800+ PC for sale today. I'm not keen on ebay
>> and I couldn't get a price match.
>>
>> What do you reckon is the going price for this PC which a dealer
>> bought from a liquidation sale and is selling on.
>>
>> Sempron 2800+
>> Gigabyte mobo: PCIx3 PATAx4 SATAx2 6xUSB ports at rear
>> 512 MB memory (fills both slots)
>> CD-R only
>> small 40 GB hard drive
>> XP Enterprise licence (maybe it means XP Pro?)
>>
>> In quite good condition.
>>
>> £100? £120? £140?

> £50 or so. Mostly for the XP licence, if it's genuine.

Tight bastard ;-)

I'll offer 65.

Wes Newell

On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 20:33:38 +0000, andrew wrote:

> I saw a used Sempron 2800+ PC for sale today. I'm not keen on ebay and
> I couldn't get a price match.
>
> What do you reckon is the going price for this PC which a dealer bought
> from a liquidation sale and is selling on.
>
> Sempron 2800+
> Gigabyte mobo: PCIx3 PATAx4 SATAx2 6xUSB ports at rear 512 MB memory
> (fills both slots)
> CD-R only
> small 40 GB hard drive
> XP Enterprise licence (maybe it means XP Pro?)
>
> In quite good condition.
>
> Ā£100? Ā£120? Ā£140?

Wouldn't have much value here. Maybe US$75 if the case and PSU where
decent.

Surfer!

In message <494ac543$0$9423$(E-Mail Removed)>, Lou Ravi
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>Surfer! wrote:
>> In message <Xns9B78D12739B24451E7A@204.153.245.20>, andrew
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>>> I saw a used Sempron 2800+ PC for sale today. I'm not keen on ebay
>>> and I couldn't get a price match.
>>>
>>> What do you reckon is the going price for this PC which a dealer
>>> bought from a liquidation sale and is selling on.
>>>
>>> Sempron 2800+
>>> Gigabyte mobo: PCIx3 PATAx4 SATAx2 6xUSB ports at rear
>>> 512 MB memory (fills both slots)
>>> CD-R only
>>> small 40 GB hard drive
>>> XP Enterprise licence (maybe it means XP Pro?)
>>>
>>> In quite good condition.
>>>
>>> £100? £120? £140?

>> £50 or so. Mostly for the XP licence, if it's genuine.

>Tight bastard ;-)
>
>I'll offer 65.

You must have too much money....

--
Surfer!
Email to: ramwater at uk2 dot net

Marcus Houlden

On Fri, 19 Dec 2008 09:06:59 +0000, Surfer! <surfer@127.0.0.1>
wrote the following to uk.comp.misc:

> In message <494ac543$0$9423$(E-Mail Removed)>, Lou Ravi
><(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>>Surfer! wrote:
>>> In message <Xns9B78D12739B24451E7A@204.153.245.20>, andrew
>>> <(E-Mail Removed)> writes

>>> £50 or so. Mostly for the XP licence, if it's genuine.

>>Tight bastard ;-)
>>
>>I'll offer 65.

> You must have too much money....

He lives in France so he'll probably be taking advantage of the exchange
rate.

mh.
--
http://www.nukesoft.co.uk
http://personal.nukesoft.co.uk

From address is a blackhole. Reply-to address is valid.

Lou Ravi

Surfer! wrote:
> In message <494ac543$0$9423$(E-Mail Removed)>, Lou Ravi
> <(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>> Surfer! wrote:
>>> In message <Xns9B78D12739B24451E7A@204.153.245.20>, andrew
>>> <(E-Mail Removed)> writes

>>> £50 or so. Mostly for the XP licence, if it's genuine.

>> Tight bastard ;-)
>>
>> I'll offer 65.

> You must have too much money....

I work in Euros so 65 quid is equivalent to about 45 a few months ago
;-)

Lou Ravi

Marcus Houlden wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Dec 2008 09:06:59 +0000, Surfer! <surfer@127.0.0.1>
> wrote the following to uk.comp.misc:
>
>> In message <494ac543$0$9423$(E-Mail Removed)>, Lou Ravi
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> writes

>>> Tight bastard ;-)
>>>
>>> I'll offer 65.

>> You must have too much money....

> He lives in France so he'll probably be taking advantage of the
> exchange rate.

Indeed. I've suddenly become 'rich' without doing anything. Vive l'Euro

Lou Ravi

John Jordan wrote:
> andrew wrote:
>>
>> What do you reckon is the going price for this PC which a dealer
>> bought from a liquidation sale and is selling on.
>>
>> Sempron 2800+
>> Gigabyte mobo: PCIx3 PATAx4 SATAx2 6xUSB ports at rear
>> 512 MB memory (fills both slots)
>> CD-R only
>> small 40 GB hard drive
>> XP Enterprise licence (maybe it means XP Pro?)

> More likely it means a bogus VLK install. If it doesn't have an AGP
> slot on the motherboard, the individual components are all close to
> worthless.
>> £100? £120? £140?

> Remove the first digit and you have the right sort of range :-)

I'll take the 00 then.