Unable to read blu-ray disk files

mc

I was wondering how I can read the contents of a blu-ray disk in xp
media center. I have no problem reading the disk in win 7 using the
explorer window, but explorer does not display the contents of the
disk in xp.
mc

Bob Levine

On 11/19/2010 10:04 AM, mc wrote:
> I was wondering how I can read the contents of a blu-ray disk in xp
> media center. I have no problem reading the disk in win 7 using the
> explorer window, but explorer does not display the contents of the
> disk in xp.
> mc

Is this on the same computer?

Bob

mc

On Nov 19, 10:21*am, Bob Levine <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 11/19/2010 10:04 AM, mc wrote:
>
> > I was wondering how I can read the contents of a blu-ray disk in xp
> > media center. I have no problem reading the disk in win 7 using the
> > explorer window, but explorer does not display the contents of the
> > disk in xp.
> > mc

> Is this on the same computer?
>
> Bob

No, win 7 is on the dimension 8300, and xp media is on a dimension
E510. Both computers have a LG WH10LS30 burner. Both computers can
play the blu disks, but the xp media does not display the contents of
the disk in explorer even with the file options set to show all files.
mc

Bob Levine

On 11/19/2010 12:24 PM, mc wrote:
> On Nov 19, 10:21 am, Bob Levine<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> On 11/19/2010 10:04 AM, mc wrote:
>>
>>> I was wondering how I can read the contents of a blu-ray disk in xp
>>> media center. I have no problem reading the disk in win 7 using the
>>> explorer window, but explorer does not display the contents of the
>>> disk in xp.
>>> mc

>> Is this on the same computer?
>>
>> Bob

> No, win 7 is on the dimension 8300, and xp media is on a dimension
> E510. Both computers have a LG WH10LS30 burner. Both computers can
> play the blu disks, but the xp media does not display the contents of
> the disk in explorer even with the file options set to show all files.
> mc

I don't even have any way to check since I don't have an XP machine
anymore. Have you checked to see if you need any drivers with that?

Bob