Undervolting a Turion X2

bdzyub@gmail.com

Do any of you guys know the lower voltage limit of a 1600mhz Turion
X2?
I tried to undervolt it with CpuMark Clock utility and got it at 0.9V
stable. This reduced the temperature of my laptop by about
10C(checked with speedfan).
If I go any lower then the computer just restarts.
Is there any potential damage that I can do to the laptop by
undervolting?

Brett Kline

bdzyub wrote:
> Do any of you guys know the lower voltage limit of a 1600mhz Turion
> X2?

AMD always suggest a range but it's only a guideline. It appears you may
have found the lowest stable Vcore voltage already.

> I tried to undervolt it with CpuMark Clock utility and got it at 0.9V
> stable. This reduced the temperature of my laptop by about
> 10C(checked with speedfan).
> If I go any lower then the computer just restarts.

> Is there any potential damage that I can do to the laptop by
> undervolting?

You won't damage hardware though you might cause data corruption. Check the
MD5 or SHA1 sums of several 700MB - 1GB files. If you get the same figure
time after time it's a good sign. If you don't, increase Vcore.

See if it passes a minimum of 24 hours of Orthos loading both cores. It it
does it's likely stable.

http://sp2004.fre3.com/beta/beta2.htm

Undervolting My D610 Nicholas Andrade Dell 16 05-27-2006 12:40 AM
P-M Dothan undeclocking and undervolting giorgio.tani@email.it Overclocking 4 10-22-2005 12:33 AM
A7N8X-E DELUXE => Options for UNDERVOLTING VCORE ? Teknyske Asus 2 06-08-2005 08:37 PM
Undervolting a P3-S? Rick Overclocking 0 04-08-2005 07:51 AM
Underclocking / Undervolting possible? Daniel Olzien AOpen 0 12-31-2003 09:37 AM