Unknown CPU Typ !

Wiseman

Hi,

-I've installed an XP-M 2600 cpu overclocked to 2300 Mhz into an Abit NF7-S
motherboard and the system info describes the cpu as "Unknown CPU Typ", even
in the bios it is described as such. Is there any way to change this message
?

Thanks.

Wiseman

Wes Newell

On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 09:22:09 +0200, Wiseman wrote:

> -I've installed an XP-M 2600 cpu overclocked to 2300 Mhz into an Abit NF7-S
> motherboard and the system info describes the cpu as "Unknown CPU Typ", even
> in the bios it is described as such. Is there any way to change this message
> ?

Yes, re-write the bios to include a certain core running at 2300MHz and
give it a name. It's just cosmetics. Don't worry about it.

Ed Light

It doesn't recognize it because it's a laptop cpu.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at
(E-Mail Removed)
Thanks, robots.

Bring the Troops Home:
http://bringthemhomenow.org

Wiseman

Good idea to start a programming course.

vuNlg.6291$Za5.3301@trnddc04...