Unlocking a Palomino XP 1600+

Kai Robinson

Guess what - its me again!

Having sorted my previous problem out - i've been looking at THG and seeing
how the multiplier is unlocked - is this the same method for the XP1600+?

Also - a friend of mine just got a 900 t-bird second hand to upgrade his old
machine - can i just connect the bridges the same way? or is there a trick
to this....cheers

Kai

LBJGH

The 900 can be unlocked with a pencil closing all the L1 Bridges

The 1600+ can also be unlocked but requires you fill the gap from the lazer
with crazy glue then join the L1's with conductive material.

"Kai Robinson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:BB280734.846E%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Guess what - its me again!
>
> Having sorted my previous problem out - i've been looking at THG and

seeing
> how the multiplier is unlocked - is this the same method for the XP1600+?
>
> Also - a friend of mine just got a 900 t-bird second hand to upgrade his

old
> machine - can i just connect the bridges the same way? or is there a trick
> to this....cheers
>
> Kai

---

daykin

i heard the palamino was locked and cldnt be unlocked - guess not
"Justice" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've also read about using crayons instead of glue to close the pits
>
> LBJGH wrote:
> > The 900 can be unlocked with a pencil closing all the L1 Bridges
> >
> > The 1600+ can also be unlocked but requires you fill the gap from the

lazer
> > with crazy glue then join the L1's with conductive material.
> >

> > "Kai Robinson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:BB280734.846E%(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> >>Guess what - its me again!
> >>
> >>Having sorted my previous problem out - i've been looking at THG and

> > seeing
> >
> >>how the multiplier is unlocked - is this the same method for the

XP1600+?

> >>Also - a friend of mine just got a 900 t-bird second hand to upgrade his

> > old
> >
> >>machine - can i just connect the bridges the same way? or is there a

trick
> >>to this....cheers
> >>
> >>Kai
> >>

> > ---

Ed

Liv'n under a rock?

On Sat, 5 Jul 2003 09:51:25 +1200, "daykin" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>i heard the palamino was locked and cldnt be unlocked - guess not
>"Justice" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I've also read about using crayons instead of glue to close the pits
>>
>> LBJGH wrote:
>> > The 900 can be unlocked with a pencil closing all the L1 Bridges
>> >
>> > The 1600+ can also be unlocked but requires you fill the gap from the

>lazer
>> > with crazy glue then join the L1's with conductive material.
>> >

>> > "Kai Robinson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> > news:BB280734.846E%(E-Mail Removed)...

>> > seeing

>XP1600+?

>> > old

>trick

>> > ---

Kai Robinson

I'm going to try the L1 Bridge trick as described on THG - if it goes tits
up, not biggie - XP1800's are only 40...

in article (E-Mail Removed), daykin at
(E-Mail Removed) wrote on 7/4/03 11:51 pm:

> i heard the palamino was locked and cldnt be unlocked - guess not
> "Justice" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I've also read about using crayons instead of glue to close the pits
>>
>> LBJGH wrote:
>>> The 900 can be unlocked with a pencil closing all the L1 Bridges
>>>
>>> The 1600+ can also be unlocked but requires you fill the gap from the

> lazer
>>> with crazy glue then join the L1's with conductive material.
>>>

>>> "Kai Robinson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:BB280734.846E%(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> seeing

> XP1600+?

>>> old

> trick

>>> ---

Amal Shookup

Justice <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> I've also read about using crayons instead of glue to close the pits

Candle wax also works.

-p

daykin

latwely yes