josya

Hi, I've just got my hands on a free Thinkpad T22 and it has a
small problem. 9 times out of 10 when I turn it on, it will hang
at the Thinkpad welcome screen. If I press F1 or F12, then the
usual messages appear, but nothing else happens. The hard drive
light is usually on, even if I remove the drive. I tried taking
it apart and cleaning everything, but the problem is the same.
When it does eventually boot, everything runs fine. Does anybody
have any idea what could be causing this problem?

TIA

jo

josya

"Steve Midgley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

[snip]

> Try booting without the optical (CD, DVD) drive installed and

see if
> you get the same results.
>
> SCM

I've already tried that but it makes no difference. I also removed
the mini PCI card but the problem is the same.

jo

No keyboard (thinkpad t22) Alexis Guillaume PC Hardware 1 01-02-2005 09:40 PM
ibm thinkpad t22 news.wxs.nl IBM 0 11-16-2003 02:39 PM
IBM T22 LCD Backlight Problem Mike Chang Laptops 1 10-10-2003 01:00 AM
IRAssistant and ThinkPad T22 MKwiR PC Hardware 0 08-30-2003 08:13 AM
Flush wireless card for Thinkpad T22 (with internal antenna) Luigi Vandoni Laptops 1 07-05-2003 04:20 PM