Update of the Bluetooth software for an IBM ThinkPad A31p

Henrik Dahl

Hello!

Widcomm, the provider of the Bluetooth software for the A31p has made a
never version which includes support for the headset profile so it's
possible to use e.g. an Ericsson headset as microphone and loudspeaker for
the notebook. Do some of you know how to achieve getting the software
upgraded as the software on my brand new A31p is from 2001 and therefore is
ooooooooold?

Best regards,

Henrik Dahl

FulanoDeTal

There's an upgrade listed on:

http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview...psg1MIGR-44264

but I think it might be too old. I thinks it's from March of 2002.

>I'd be interested in this as well, having just bought the latest

version
>of the A31p (with TravelStar 80 GB hard disk) !
>

>Henrik Dahl wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>> Widcomm, the provider of the Bluetooth software for the A31p has

made a
>> never version which includes support for the headset profile so

it's
>> possible to use e.g. an Ericsson headset as microphone and

loudspeaker for
>> the notebook. Do some of you know how to achieve getting the

software
>> upgraded as the software on my brand new A31p is from 2001 and

therefore is
>> ooooooooold?
>>

>> Best regards,
>>
>> Henrik Dahl

FulanoDeTal

You're right. I meant to send another one, that I had been looking
at, but now I can't find it. Sorry.

>Thank you for your URL, but it's actually just the firmware for the
>Bluetooth card itself isn't it?
>

>Best regards,
>
>Henrik Dahl
>
>"FulanoDeTal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> There's an upgrade listed on:
>>
>> http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview...psg1MIGR-44264
>>
>> but I think it might be too old. I thinks it's from March of 2002.
>>

>> >I'd be interested in this as well, having just bought the latest

>> version
>> >of the A31p (with TravelStar 80 GB hard disk) !

>> made a

>> it's

>> loudspeaker for

>> software

>> therefore is

Are thinkpad a31p upgradeable to wireless and bluetooth Mario Giammarco Laptops 5 09-03-2004 12:51 AM
FA: IBM Thinkpad A31p, 256MB, 60GB, DVD/CDRW, DVDRW- G Tom Laptops 3 06-27-2004 05:07 PM
Re: IBM Thinkpad A31p eMeL Laptops 3 06-27-2003 02:59 PM
Re: IBM Thinkpad A31p Wolverine Laptops 0 06-24-2003 05:34 PM
Re: IBM Thinkpad A31p eMeL Laptops 0 06-24-2003 01:32 PM