updating kt7a to kt7a-raid

erikę

Damn!

I just tried to update my kt7a to a kt7a-raid mobo.
I thought the board was just the same as the kt7a only with addition of
raid.
So I just put in my old harddrives in ide1 and cdroms in ide2 and booted.
First it said that there was no primairy ide channel no 80 conductor cable
installed.
So I changed the jumper into cable select. Now it booted.
It began for asking running nfts filesystem checking and I said no.
It booted anyway and now I looked at a "scrumbled" windows. Some programs
didn't work properly.
So I booted again and now I runned nfts filesystem checking. After that it
didn't boot anymore in windows. It justs stops.

Does anyone can tell if you need to instal windows again when upgrading a
kt7a for a kt7a-raid??
Please tell me.

Homie

The way to do it is make sure both boards have the same bios version, boot the new
board into bios and disable the Highpoint controller.
Use a 98 boot disk and format& partition 2 new identical drives on IDE 1 or 2. then
remove the new drives and jumper as select.
Hook-up your old hard drive to the same IDE channel that it was on the old board.
boot into windows ... if that goes ok, put the 2 identical drives on IDE 3/4 and boot
into bios and enable the highpoint controller.
Next, boot into the highpoint bios by holding ctl & h just after the last regular boot
screen. create a raid on the pair of drives.
Reboot into windows and move all of your files to the raid array
at this point you can leave the OS on the old drive or you can do an new OS install on
the raid array.....

Homie

--
Mainboards, Videocards & CPU pin repair.

http://motherboardrepair.com
(E-Mail Removed)