?: upgrade disc #1, full-install disc #1

mz

Hello,

Is the first disc of the upgrade discs interchangeable with the first
disc from the full installation discs for Panther?

Smokerz

In article <1g845on.1vfjtv0f6to8wN%(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) (mz) wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is the first disc of the upgrade discs interchangeable with the first
> disc from the full installation discs for Panther?

Confusing question. The upgrade first disc you must have a previous Jaquar
10.2 installed. The full installer requires no pre-installed system
software.

mz

Smokerz <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> In article <1g845on.1vfjtv0f6to8wN%(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) (mz) wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > Is the first disc of the upgrade discs interchangeable with the first
> > disc from the full installation discs for Panther?
> >

> Confusing question. The upgrade first disc you must have a previous Jaquar
> 10.2 installed. The full installer requires no pre-installed system
> software.

Sorry, I should have been clearer. I know the difference between the
discs themselves. If I have a complete set of upgrade installation discs
and disc #1 from the full-installation set, could I replace the upgrade
disc #1 with the full-installation disc #1 and do a complete
installation? Will the other discs from the upgrade set work with the
full-installation boot disc?

Simon Slavin

On 25/01/2004, mz wrote in message <1g84r63.1d1nlwq1cazvgwN%(E-Mail Removed)>:

> If I have a complete set of upgrade installation discs
> and disc #1 from the full-installation set, could I replace the upgrade
> disc #1 with the full-installation disc #1 and do a complete
> installation?

Yes. I've done it and it works.

Simon.
--