Upgrade Question

Jeff McNulty

Upgrading my computer soon. Should I use my current SB Live Gamer card or
use the 6.1 onboard sound on whichever motherboard I get. Do newer M/B's
have positional sound like the soundblaster?

Lenny

> Do newer M/B's have positional sound like the soundblaster?
Yes, a few may even have better positional sound - on a technical level.
Most on-board sound isn't hardware accelerated though (meaning higher CPU
load) and have DACs and filters of dubious quality, so you'll have to decide
yourself if you want to try the on-board route or not. Read some reviews of
the board you want to buy, see what they say about it.