Upgraded ram, now overclock is reduced (Opteron)?

JeffC

This is a bit different. I upgraded my ram from two sticks of Hynix
DDR400 (2x512MB) to two sticks Hynix DDR400 (2x1024MB). Now my Opteron
144 (Venus) will only run at 2.5GHz max. Previously it would do 2.7GHz.
The new ram is as quick as the old stuff so thats not the issue. I
throttled everything back anyway including HTT, HT, memory speed and so
on. Any ideas?

MSI K8N Neo4
Opteron 144 (Venus) stock 1.8GHz.

don't look

Larger capacity ram seems to have trouble overclocking as well as smaller
sized modules even though specs are the same.
It might also be different chip manufacturer.Who made the actual chips on
the module?It should be printed there.Same maker as on the 1gb modules?

news:f16skr$710$(E-Mail Removed)...