Where are the USB 3 PCI & PCI express cards?

Postman Delivers

I understand Asus has delayed the well received USB3 motherboard shown in
Tiawan, but where are the PCI USB3 cards? The moment the card is
available to the consumer I am certain we will see a few venture into the
Peripheral business, and the external USB3 hard drive should appear
rapidly if that industry has its head on straight....

USB3 PCI cards for the desktops computer market should have a great
retail 2009/2010 introduction.

I am certain the 2010 CES show in Vegas will have dozens of vendors if
not all card and hard drive vendors showing the USB3 Peripherals that
might be seen in the retail shops world wide in 2010.

Maybe the USB3 technology will be slow to arrive in the US? the USB3
discussion I read indicated that it will Not work on WinXP systems...

JR

Postman Delivers

On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 02:21:03 +0000, Postman Delivers wrote:

> I understand Asus has delayed the well received USB3 motherboard shown
> in Tiawan, but where are the PCI USB3 cards? The moment the card is
> available to the consumer I am certain we will see a few venture into
> the Peripheral business, and the external USB3 hard drive should appear
> rapidly if that industry has its head on straight....
>
> USB3 PCI cards for the desktops computer market should have a great
> retail 2009/2010 introduction.
>
> I am certain the 2010 CES show in Vegas will have dozens of vendors if
> not all card and hard drive vendors showing the USB3 Peripherals that
> might be seen in the retail shops world wide in 2010.
>
> Maybe the USB3 technology will be slow to arrive in the US? the USB3
> discussion I read indicated that it will Not work on WinXP systems...
>
> JR

* * *
Update -

Photos show USB cards on display in Japan.
http://www.everythingusb.com/ratoc-s...ard-17099.html

With great deal of data storage devices expected to make use of the
USB 3.0 standard by 2012*, Freecom is leading the way with the first
USB 3.0 ready hard drive on the market.

They list Euro pricing and Mid-November availability...

Vapor-ware, or the first with product for the consumer?

http://www.freecom.com/news.asp?id=9205&catName=press