Trev

I see from my motherboard manual that the board (FN45) has 2 extended
USB headers...JP11 and JP14. How do I bring these to the rear panel?
Surely I don't have to lose the only PCI slot.

thanks,

--

Trev (Milnrow, UK)

David DeCristoforo

>I see from my motherboard manual that the board (FN45) has 2 extended
>USB headers...JP11 and JP14. How do I bring these to the rear panel?
>Surely I don't have to lose the only PCI slot.

It's either that or mod the case.

DD

"It's easy when you know how..."
Johnny Shines

Evert Meulie

David DeCristoforo wrote:
>>I see from my motherboard manual that the board (FN45) has 2 extended
>>USB headers...JP11 and JP14. How do I bring these to the rear panel?
>>Surely I don't have to lose the only PCI slot.

> It's either that or mod the case.
>
> DD
>
> "It's easy when you know how..."
> Johnny Shines

Is there any HW available, in case I don't mind losing my PCI-slot? 8-)

Regards,
Evert Meulie

David DeCristoforo

>Is there any HW available, in case I don't mind losing my PCI-slot?

There are back panes that have a couple of USB ports attached and
cables to connect to the mobo headers. They only cosr like twelve
bucks and they don't really use the PCI slot, just the backpane space.
I've taken these things and mounted them on the case itself by
cutting a small slot to allow access to the ports. More often than
not, to bring ports to the front of the case on older boxes. It's not
that hard. If you are not using your external 3.5" bay, there are USB
ports that can be mounted there but of course they would not be on the
back.

DD

"It's easy when you know how..."
Johnny Shines

Evert Meulie

David DeCristoforo wrote:
>>Is there any HW available, in case I don't mind losing my PCI-slot?

> There are back panes that have a couple of USB ports attached and
> cables to connect to the mobo headers. They only cosr like twelve
> bucks and they don't really use the PCI slot, just the backpane space.
> I've taken these things and mounted them on the case itself by
> cutting a small slot to allow access to the ports. More often than
> not, to bring ports to the front of the case on older boxes. It's not
> that hard. If you are not using your external 3.5" bay, there are USB
> ports that can be mounted there but of course they would not be on the
> back.

Are the mobo headers generic, or do I need a Shuttle-specific back pane?

Regards,
Evert

ytrewq

You might take a look at FrontX
http://www.frontx.com/
.....assuming you have a front panel available.
====================
"Trev" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> I see from my motherboard manual that the board (FN45) has 2 extended
> USB headers...JP11 and JP14. How do I bring these to the rear panel?
> Surely I don't have to lose the only PCI slot.
>
> thanks,
>
> --
>
> Trev (Milnrow, UK)

Can't Get Additional USB Port Headers To Work on AV8 Third Eye Bill Hartman Abit 3 04-22-2005 12:12 AM
K8V SE Deluxe - USB headers Stringfelowhaulkie Asus 5 10-24-2004 04:17 AM
Abit KD7: Speed of USB Headers Larry R Harrison Jr Abit 0 05-29-2004 06:53 PM
Help-USB headers TomT Asus 7 11-13-2003 09:41 PM
4g4a+ & usb headers poon Epox 0 07-30-2003 07:40 PM