Use my laptop as desktop: Take battery out?

me@privacy.net

I'm mainly using my laptop as a desktop here at home

Should I remove the battery while using it like this so
as not to ruin or damage the battery?

Otis

My thinkpad won't maintain the highest processor speed unless the battery is
in place. I have a need for that speed.