User Order "Tunes by sound!"

-oo0-GoldTrader-0oo-

GoldTrader wrote:

> User Order
>
> How can users put itunes songs in any order they select by sound?

>Chas ((E-Mail Removed))> What on earth do you mean - "by

sound"?

Vibrations transmitted by an elastic medium, you know like the thing
falling trees may or may not make in the forest when no one is there
to hear them. i.e. Not printed words!

>Rick G ((E-Mail Removed))>"by sound" - I assume that you just want to

arrange the songs in an arbitrary manner, not related to their names,
albums, artists, etc.

Names, albums, artists seems arbitrary to me when you are talking
about sound.

>Step one: Create a playlist, give it a name, too. ('+' button)
>Step two: Drag the songs into the playlist in whatever order you

specify.

>MR_ED_of_Course ((E-Mail Removed))> GoldTrader has a

history of posting painfully terse questions. As with previous posts
of his, I can't imagine what his thought process was that resulted in
his choice of subject and wording.

I guess you have to think in a special way to use Mac!

>MR_ED_of_Course ((E-Mail Removed))> In any playlist, click

on the top left column header (if it's not already selected). This
sorts the playlist by "user order" (song order).

Why would anyone want to sort 17,864 songs in some default song order?

I know the tunes; I have listened to them for years. I might know who
is singing it. Fat chance I can name the LP. There is no way I am
going to know the NAMES some people call each and every tune. I may
have never heard or seen the names in my whole life. How am I going
to hear anything by looking at a bunch of letters in a combination I
have never seen before. The names often have nothing at all to do
with how they sound. How can you read a sound unless its sheet music.

>MR_ED_of_Course ((E-Mail Removed))> You can re-order songs

by dragging them up or down.

I guess I will have to make a playlist of the whole library.

Chas

-oo0-GoldTrader-0oo- wrote:
> GoldTrader wrote:
>

>>User Order
>>
>>How can users put itunes songs in any order they select by sound?

>>Chas ((E-Mail Removed))> What on earth do you mean - "by

> sound"?
>
> Vibrations transmitted by an elastic medium, you know like the thing
> falling trees may or may not make in the forest when no one is there
> to hear them. i.e. Not printed words!

And by which attribute of the sound? Pitch? Rhythm? Timbre? The
question is unanswerable due to the infinite variety of different
characteristics that make up "sound".

Simply pick your favourite "sounds", make a playlist and then drag them
into the order you want.

=:~)

--
"The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is probably the day
they start making vacuum cleaners." - Ernest Jan Plugge

news at cdss dot fsnet dot co dot uk

Tiger, single user and family (five user) pack Hans Aberg Apple 147 07-10-2005 09:22 AM
Mac User "Zips" and sends to PC user. Simon Hobbs Apple 15 01-19-2005 11:18 AM
User Order GoldTrade Apple 6 10-25-2004 06:34 AM
3 user accounts; 4 user folders Chris Brown Apple 6 08-11-2004 11:38 PM
Fast User Switching and an 'unknown' user. - unkown.jpg (0/1) Mathue Apple 1 04-16-2004 01:55 PM