Using Mac mini with iMac display

Alec McKenzie

I have a 20" iMac, 2.1 GHz PowerPC G5, 1.5 GB RAM, Mac OS 10.4.11.

For the first time I have a need to run a (standalone) Mac
application that requires an Intel processor.

I have spare keyboard and mouse available.

If I were to obtain a Mac mini, is there a way I could set things up
to run this application on it, using the iMac in some way as a
display?

--
Alec McKenzie
alecusenet@<surname>.me.uk

nospam

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Alec
McKenzie <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I have a 20" iMac, 2.1 GHz PowerPC G5, 1.5 GB RAM, Mac OS 10.4.11.
>
> For the first time I have a need to run a (standalone) Mac
> application that requires an Intel processor.
>
> I have spare keyboard and mouse available.
>
> If I were to obtain a Mac mini, is there a way I could set things up
> to run this application on it, using the iMac in some way as a
> display?

the only way is to use screen sharing of some sort. i find that
timbuktu has the fastest response (i can watch videos on a different
mac using it) compared with vnc & apple remote desktop.