Using a PATA cd/dvd writer with a SATA controller and converter

Daniel Prince

If you have successfully used a PATA (regular IDE) cd/dvd writer
with a SATA PCI controller and converter, please tell me which
controller and converter you used.

I would also like to know what chipset the controller used. Thank
you in advance for all replies.
in a circle until he gets too dizzy to stand up. What is cruel about
it is that I don't do it nearly as much as he wants me to.

Dee

Daniel Prince wrote:
> If you have successfully used a PATA (regular IDE) cd/dvd writer
> with a SATA PCI controller and converter, please tell me which
> controller and converter you used.
>
> I would also like to know what chipset the controller used. Thank
> you in advance for all replies.

Why would you want to put a PATA cd/dvd writer on a SATA PCI controller
and converter? You're not going to gain anything. Even Plextor admits
you don't gain anything with their SATA writer.

Daniel Prince

Dee <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Daniel Prince wrote:
>> If you have successfully used a PATA (regular IDE) cd/dvd writer
>> with a SATA PCI controller and converter, please tell me which
>> controller and converter you used.
>>
>> I would also like to know what chipset the controller used. Thank
>> you in advance for all replies.

>Why would you want to put a PATA cd/dvd writer on a SATA PCI controller
>and converter? You're not going to gain anything. Even Plextor admits
>you don't gain anything with their SATA writer.

Because it is too far away from my motherboard PATA connectors and
my PCI slots to use an eighteen inch PATA cable. (18 inches is the
maximum length according to the specifications. SATA cables can be
up to 39.25 inches.) I have tried using longer PATA cables but have
gotten errors.

Boot problem using both SATA and PATA devices with ASUS P5WD2 Premium henrikhallin@hotmail.com Asus 4 07-23-2006 09:15 PM
PATA to SATA Converter Dave P Gigabyte 7 03-19-2006 07:46 PM
A8V Deluxe Promise SATA/PATA Controller Peter van der Goes Asus 2 02-28-2006 08:04 PM
PATA drive on SATA controller Timothy J. Trace Abit 13 03-01-2005 05:04 PM
Re: OT:SATA drive or PATA drive on converter RobertH Intel 0 06-27-2003 12:38 AM