Using Timeslips software on Tablet

Brett W

The Timeslips 2005 software (by Best Software) will not install properly on
my Toshiba Portege 3500 Tablet, which uses Windows XP Tablet Edition 2005.

I've been told by Timeslips tech support that Timeslips uses a Borland
Database Engine and that this DBE does not work with my version of Windows.

Has anyone else had this problem and does anyone know of a patch or a way to
work around it? Is the Borland DBE indeed the problem or is it Windows?

Thanks

Chris H.

If the program is supposed to run on Windows XP, then it should run on a
Tablet PC, Brett. The operating system is Windows XP Pro. If the program
uses an older Borland database written for an earlier version of Windows, it
might require installation using Compatibility Mode.

Most of the "older" programs will run perfectly well on Windows XP. Some
need to use Compatibility Mode (details are in Help and Support), and this
TechNet article will help you:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pro.../lgcyapps.mspx

Basically, what Compatibility Mode does is allow the older program to
"think" it is being installed on the operating system for which it was
designed. You also need to pay attention to the program's requirements,
and some need to be installed using Compatibility starting with the
installation itself by going to Start/Run/Browse and locating the
install.exe or setup.exe file on the root of the CD. You can right-click
that file, follow the pattern to use Compatibility Mode and have it install.

After the install, make sure to update the program from the web site of the
creator, then right-click the icon you'll use to launch the program and make
sure the proper Compatibility settings are ready. You also need to make
sure the proper display and color settings are selected.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

news:(E-Mail Removed)...