using the writing pad

leemo

I have only been using the tablet for a few days now, and can't use the
writing pad or character recognition screen. The message I get is "the
writing pad is not available for the input language you have selected."
Please help!

MichelleAYuzik

Hello!
I have a HP tx2113cl (tx2000) and I have just downgraded to XP PRO
It has been a bit of a 'grunt', but all is well except for the same issue
you have posted.
I am still searching for the answer as well. I appreciate your wording as
it is exactly the same message I got when I moved my cursor over the button.
I am looking forward to a response.

"leemo" wrote:

> I have only been using the tablet for a few days now, and can't use the
> writing pad or character recognition screen. The message I get is "the
> writing pad is not available for the input language you have selected."
> Please help!

Rainald Taesler

> "leemo" wrote:
>> MichelleAYuzik wrote:

>> I have only been using the tablet for a few days now, and can't use
>> the writing pad or character recognition screen. The message I get
>> is "the writing pad is not available for the input language you have
>> selected." Please help!

> I have a HP tx2113cl (tx2000) and I have just downgraded to XP PRO

Which OS did you have when you got the computer?
Wasn't it Vista (which has far more to offer for TabletPCs)??

Which OS are you running now?
Normal "XP Pro" is *not* sufficient for a TabletPC! You'd need XP
TabletPC edition.

Rainald

Alan

I also had the same problem. I had English Canada set up as my default
language. I added English US and also added Tablet PC Text Insertion to the
Advanced Text Services. After re-opening the writing pad, all 3 options were
noe available.
To do this:
Open Control Panel, Regional and Language Options.
In the Languagers tab choose Details.
Add English US.
Click on the More Text Services box, and from the drop-down choose Tablet PC
Text Insertion.
Restart the Tablet PC Input Panel and away you go...

Alan