Very Quiet heatsink???

spock

Hello Everyone
Well I have finally come over to the darkside.
I am am looking for a Heatsink/fan that is very quiet for a E6750 for use
with a ASUS P5K WS motherboard.

Thank you.

Paul

spock wrote:
> Hello Everyone
> Well I have finally come over to the darkside.
> I am am looking for a Heatsink/fan that is very quiet for a E6750 for use
> with a ASUS P5K WS motherboard.
>
> Thank you.

Newegg has quite a collection, and each item has customer reviews. Once you
spot a winner, you can buy it at your favorite retailer.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...ubcategory=574

If you want big, the Tuniq Tower wins the prize for big. $60

Some manufacturers keep lists of motherboards where their heatsinks
are known to fit. That can take the worry out of your purchase.

This one has a 4 pin fan connector, for use with motherboard speed
control. Zalman 9700NT. $60

http://www.zalman.co.kr/eng/product/...x=231&code=009

http://www.zalman.co.kr/upload/product/9700NT.swf (Flash installation movie)

Paul

Thomas

spock wrote:
> Hello Everyone
> Well I have finally come over to the darkside.
> I am am looking for a Heatsink/fan that is very quiet for a E6750 for
> use with a ASUS P5K WS motherboard.

On my P5N-E SLI I use the Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro. It's an incredibly
good cooler for the price.
http://www.arctic-cooling.com/cpu2.php?idx=79

Check out this review:
http://www.pureoverclock.com/review.php?id=642&page=5

I can OC my E4300 to 2666 MHz @ 1.4Vand still have a load temp (core0 and
core1) of below 50C. (25C above ambient) Also, it's incredibly silent when
controlled by EZ-quiet.

--
Greetz, Thomas van der Horst.

peter

Take a look at the thermalright HR-01..775
http://www.bigbruin.com/reviews05/re...ghthr01&file=1

I placed one on top of an E6420 and attached a Scythe Sflex SFF21F 120mm
1600RPM 63CFM 28DBA Fan to it.It makes a lot less noise than the stock Intel
sink.
This unit can also be used with the included Fan Shroud wich attaches to the
back case fan for even quieter operation.
I am running that CPU at 8x400 with a core temp of 36/38 and after running
Orthos for an hour the temp is at a steady 53........and stays there no
matter howlong I run Orthos.
peter.
"spock" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:46a30376$0$11059$(E-Mail Removed) u...
> Hello Everyone
> Well I have finally come over to the darkside.
> I am am looking for a Heatsink/fan that is very quiet for a E6750 for use
> with a ASUS P5K WS motherboard.
>
> Thank you.

Fishface

spock wrote:

> I am am looking for a Heatsink/fan that is very quiet for a E6750 for use
> with a ASUS P5K WS motherboard.

Check the Noctua offerings for their superior mounting system.
I'm done with the one-sided push pins, which I have observed to excessively
flex the motherboard. Review of 92mm unit, which is not excessively large
and heavy and performs well:
http://www.cpu3d.com/cooling_and_cas...9f_review.html
Anandtech review of the120mm offering:
http://www.anandtech.com/casecooling...oc.aspx?i=2976

Phil Weldon

'Spock' wrote:
| Well I have finally come over to the darkside.
| I am am looking for a Heatsink/fan that is very quiet for a E6750 for use
| with a ASUS P5K WS motherboard.
_____

See my ThermalTake i1 post in this newsgroup, five threads back "Aftermarket
heatsink/fan reduces Core 2 Duo overclock temperatures". I run the
ThermalTake i1 at a constant 100% - it is that quiet; quieter than anyother
fan in my system and is also quieter than my hard drives.

Phil Weldon

"spock" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:46a30376$0$11059$(E-Mail Removed) u...
| Hello Everyone
| Well I have finally come over to the darkside.
| I am am looking for a Heatsink/fan that is very quiet for a E6750 for use
| with a ASUS P5K WS motherboard.
|
| Thank you.

Phil

spock wrote:
> Hello Everyone
> Well I have finally come over to the darkside.
> I am am looking for a Heatsink/fan that is very quiet for a E6750 for
> use with a ASUS P5K WS motherboard.
>
> Thank you.

Thermaltake Big Typhoon (and Typhoon VX) are nice big heatpipe HSFs with
120mm fans that spin at 1200rpm, which I dare you to say you can hear from
further than 3 feet away with the case closed. $25 in some places/eBay.

--
Phil

Heywood Jablowme

Scythe on my Abit IC7 is the best and quietest Heastsink I've owned.