Vienna alternate?

jtsnow

Vienna SF editor will not run on my computer, it says it cant find drivers,
even though I have latest drivers and all synth functions work great.

Is there an alternate to Vienna? I simply want to replace individual
instrument in my larger GM soundfont with some better ones. Nothing
complicated.

Preferrably looking for shareware free like Vienna.
thanks

Nobody

Hi,

I guess you have Vienna 2.1 you have to download an update. By the way there
are
other samplers as reason, but it does not work with midi editing only piano
roll, and
not with general midi.

Regards,

Bart
jtsnow <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in berichtnieuws
mNW7d.6935$%t3.6433@lakeread01...
> Vienna SF editor will not run on my computer, it says it cant find

drivers,
> even though I have latest drivers and all synth functions work great.
>
> Is there an alternate to Vienna? I simply want to replace individual
> instrument in my larger GM soundfont with some better ones. Nothing
> complicated.
>
> Preferrably looking for shareware free like Vienna.
> thanks

jtsnow

The version of Vienna I downloaded was 2.3. When I start it I get the error
message:
Unable to initialize SF compatible driver.

and it just exits. I have the latest drivers from Creative and also
everything works great on my machine so I dont think its a driver issue. It
might the Vienna is now incompatible with latest drivers and XP maybe? I
know its a relatively old program.

thanks for thei tipsl

"Nobody" <Geen (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:tM38d.7432$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I guess you have Vienna 2.1 you have to download an update. By the way
> there
> are
> other samplers as reason, but it does not work with midi editing only
> piano
> roll, and
> not with general midi.
>
> Regards,
>
> Bart
> jtsnow <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in berichtnieuws
> mNW7d.6935$%t3.6433@lakeread01...
>> Vienna SF editor will not run on my computer, it says it cant find

> drivers,
>> even though I have latest drivers and all synth functions work great.
>>
>> Is there an alternate to Vienna? I simply want to replace individual
>> instrument in my larger GM soundfont with some better ones. Nothing
>> complicated.
>>
>> Preferrably looking for shareware free like Vienna.
>> thanks

Nobody

Hi,

I am sure that the best thing you can do than is contact Creative labs.

Succes!

nS58d.9523$gm.5326@okepread07...
> The version of Vienna I downloaded was 2.3. When I start it I get the

error
> message:
> Unable to initialize SF compatible driver.
>
> and it just exits. I have the latest drivers from Creative and also
> everything works great on my machine so I dont think its a driver issue.

It
> might the Vienna is now incompatible with latest drivers and XP maybe? I
> know its a relatively old program.
>
> thanks for thei tipsl
>

> "Nobody" <Geen (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:tM38d.7432$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I guess you have Vienna 2.1 you have to download an update. By the way
> > there
> > are
> > other samplers as reason, but it does not work with midi editing only
> > piano
> > roll, and
> > not with general midi.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Bart
> > jtsnow <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in berichtnieuws
> > mNW7d.6935$%t3.6433@lakeread01...
> >> Vienna SF editor will not run on my computer, it says it cant find

> > drivers,
> >> even though I have latest drivers and all synth functions work great.
> >>
> >> Is there an alternate to Vienna? I simply want to replace individual
> >> instrument in my larger GM soundfont with some better ones. Nothing
> >> complicated.
> >>
> >> Preferrably looking for shareware free like Vienna.
> >> thanks

D.R.

"Nobody" <Geen (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eXe8d.96$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I am sure that the best thing you can do than is contact Creative labs.

Use the UK official forums:

Soundcard-related Software:
http://uk.europe.creative.com/suppor...um.asp?foru=26

Soundcard-related Hardware:
http://uk.europe.creative.com/suppor...um.asp?foru=25

If the website asks what country you are from, just select UK. :-)

D.R.