Vista 64 bit or 32bit on Asus P5Bdlx wifi /e6700

AJ

Which Vista version should I pursue with the above config. I would like
still use my older Office 2003 and many older 32 bit appz.Thanx AJ

Barry Watzman

I think you answered your own question. Either version of Vista will
work, in and of itself, but the 64-bit version is going to have more
compatability problems with older software. Almost impossible to say
what older software until you try it.

AJ wrote:

> Which Vista version should I pursue with the above config. I would like
> still use my older Office 2003 and many older 32 bit appz.Thanx AJ

Tim S.

AJ wrote:
> Which Vista version should I pursue with the above config. I would like
> still use my older Office 2003 and many older 32 bit appz.Thanx AJ

Try dual booting, just a thought.

Tim

Synapse Syndrome

"AJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:SXu2h.125222$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Which Vista version should I pursue with the above config. I would like
> still use my older Office 2003 and many older 32 bit appz.Thanx AJ

If that board cannot take more than 4GB of RAM, what's the point at this
stage? You're just asking for a whole load of driver problems, and probably
some software incompatibilities as well. All 32-bit shell extensions won't
work. When you buy Vista you'll get both versions anyway, so wait until you
know it is safe to go 64-bit. MS should never have made a 32-bit version of
Vista to make a clean break of the past.

ss.