Motherboard Forums


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes

Vista and gateway issues

 
 
John
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-25-2007, 02:17 PM
What I am looking for, is contact info for the cooperate HQ for Gateway, I feel I need to move my problem up the food chain so to speak

Recently I bought a new Gateway system for my wife at Best Buy The OS Vista just has too many incompatibility issues with the majority of software that I already own.

After many days of getting nowhere with Vista, I come up with the idea to just get the boot/recovery disk for the computer "pre-vista" with XP, now I know that Gateway sold this identical system before Vista hit the market.

I have offered to pay for the disk and shipping, yet they refuse to sell it to me.

here is the excerpts from the last e-mail correspondence with them.


Of if anyone has any other Idea's I would love to hear them.


Hello John,

Thank you for your reply. On your first email, you said that the issue
was that most of your programs will not install or work with Windows
Vista. Please be informed that it is the responsibility of the software
manufacturer or device manufacturer to make their product compatible
with Windows Vista, not Microsoft and certainly not Gateways
responsibility. We have no information what applications each of our
customers will install in the computer when they purchase them. If we
knew that the customers applications/programs will not work with Windows
Vista, then we would not have them purchase the computer. Instead, we
would advise them to purchase a computer with an Operating System
compatible with their applications.


Please reply to this message if you require further assistance with this
issue. If your reply is received while I am out of the office, to
ensure a speedy resolution, your issue will be handled by one of my
colleagues.

Sincerely,

Dean
Badge GWEL8214

Terms of Sale and Limited
Warranty Agreement. All brands and names are trademarks of their
respective companies.





 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Jupiter Jones
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-25-2007, 08:40 PM
I doubt you have a chance of getting Windows XP media from Gateway.
You could return the computer as long as you have not had it for 30 days.
If you want to return, you should have some time left since Vista was
released publically 30 January.
Then order a computer with Windows XP.

Have you contacted the software manufacturers about Vista compatibility?
Have you tried Compatibility Mode in Vista?
Most software works but some may need some help.

As for a contact higher up, hopefully someone else has something.

--
Jupiter Jones
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
http://www.dts-l.org


"John" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:45e19ae4$0$8927$(E-Mail Removed)...
What I am looking for, is contact info for the cooperate HQ for Gateway, I
feel I need to move my problem up the food chain so to speak

Recently I bought a new Gateway system for my wife at Best Buy The OS Vista
just has too many incompatibility issues with the majority of software that
I already own.

After many days of getting nowhere with Vista, I come up with the idea to
just get the boot/recovery disk for the computer "pre-vista" with XP, now I
know that Gateway sold this identical system before Vista hit the market.

I have offered to pay for the disk and shipping, yet they refuse to sell it
to me.

here is the excerpts from the last e-mail correspondence with them.


Of if anyone has any other Idea's I would love to hear them.


Hello John,

Thank you for your reply. On your first email, you said that the issue
was that most of your programs will not install or work with Windows
Vista. Please be informed that it is the responsibility of the software
manufacturer or device manufacturer to make their product compatible
with Windows Vista, not Microsoft and certainly not Gateways
responsibility. We have no information what applications each of our
customers will install in the computer when they purchase them. If we
knew that the customers applications/programs will not work with Windows
Vista, then we would not have them purchase the computer. Instead, we
would advise them to purchase a computer with an Operating System
compatible with their applications.


Please reply to this message if you require further assistance with this
issue. If your reply is received while I am out of the office, to
ensure a speedy resolution, your issue will be handled by one of my
colleagues.

Sincerely,

Dean
Badge GWEL8214

Terms of Sale and Limited
Warranty Agreement. All brands and names are trademarks of their
respective companies.





 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Frank
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-01-2007, 04:18 PM
On Feb 25, 3:40 pm, "Jupiter Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> I doubt you have a chance of getting Windows XP media from Gateway.
> You could return the computer as long as you have not had it for 30 days.
> If you want to return, you should have some time left since Vista was
> released publically 30 January.
> Then order a computer with Windows XP.
>

I think at Best Buy, you face a 15% or so restocking fee. Dealing
with GW direct, you have to work around shipping fees.

Think we all may have to bite the bullet with Microsoft.

Frank

 
Reply With Quote
 
Ben Myers
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-01-2007, 10:17 PM
There's Linux! ... Ben Myers

On 1 Mar 2007 08:18:32 -0800, "Frank" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Feb 25, 3:40 pm, "Jupiter Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>> I doubt you have a chance of getting Windows XP media from Gateway.
>> You could return the computer as long as you have not had it for 30 days.
>> If you want to return, you should have some time left since Vista was
>> released publically 30 January.
>> Then order a computer with Windows XP.
>>

>I think at Best Buy, you face a 15% or so restocking fee. Dealing
>with GW direct, you have to work around shipping fees.
>
>Think we all may have to bite the bullet with Microsoft.
>
>Frank

 
Reply With Quote
 
david stephens
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-04-2007, 09:14 PM
I bought my computer in november win will get my copy of vista
"Ben Myers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> There's Linux! ... Ben Myers
>
> On 1 Mar 2007 08:18:32 -0800, "Frank" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On Feb 25, 3:40 pm, "Jupiter Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>wrote:
>>> I doubt you have a chance of getting Windows XP media from Gateway.
>>> You could return the computer as long as you have not had it for 30
>>> days.
>>> If you want to return, you should have some time left since Vista was
>>> released publically 30 January.
>>> Then order a computer with Windows XP.
>>>

>>I think at Best Buy, you face a 15% or so restocking fee. Dealing
>>with GW direct, you have to work around shipping fees.
>>
>>Think we all may have to bite the bullet with Microsoft.
>>
>>Frank



 
Reply With Quote
 
akers
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-19-2007, 05:13 AM
My FX530 has been delayed due to "unavoidable
circumstances". Could that be the Vista problem or does anyone
know of any other issues with the FX530 series?

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
security issues caused by virtualization of the AMD CPU and the Vista Wes Newell AMD Thunderbird 1 09-19-2007 12:03 AM
p5n32-sli se deluxe and Vista x64 and 2gb (slow enough) then 4gb (horribly slow issues) markm75 Asus 1 08-26-2007 12:51 PM
Vista 32bit and MMC issues a@aol.com ATI 1 03-18-2007 06:23 PM
Gateway e1600 computer issues with Drivers for on-board sound and monitor display Allan Bowers Gateway 1 04-11-2004 03:43 PM
Gateway M275X Convertable is a Gateway, and not a Motion ? Right ? Tedd Riggs Tablet PC 2 02-16-2004 09:44 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:48 PM.


Welcome!
Welcome to Motherboard Point
 

Advertisment