vista complete PC backup

Steven Wabik

I have a few questions about vista complete PC backup. one is about how to
fix an issue with it and the other question is about how it works.

Question #1:
-------------
well, recently I have been having an issue with vista complete PC backup. it
did a complete PC backup once. then I installed a bunch of applications,
installed a few hardware devices to the computer, and synced a Bluetooth
device or two to my computer.

after making all of these changes to my computer I want to make a new a new
complete PC backup but I get this issue when I try. the issue looks like
this:

-------------
The backup application could not start due to an internal error:

Server execution failed (0x080080005)

Please check your system configuration and try again.
-------------

Does anyone know what this error message mean? and do you know how to fix
the problem so that I will be able to use vista complete PC backup again?

--------------
--------------

Question #2
------------
for Vista complete PC backup, does it only backup the vista partition or
will it backup other partitions for if I decide to do a dual boot or if I am
using bit-licker drive encryption?

From,
Steven Wabik

Mick Murphy

Why don't you just have a look at Acronis True Image?

http://www.acronis.com/
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"Steven Wabik" wrote:

> I have a few questions about vista complete PC backup. one is about how to
> fix an issue with it and the other question is about how it works.
>

> Question #1:
> -------------
> well, recently I have been having an issue with vista complete PC backup. it
> did a complete PC backup once. then I installed a bunch of applications,
> installed a few hardware devices to the computer, and synced a Bluetooth
> device or two to my computer.
>
> after making all of these changes to my computer I want to make a new a new
> complete PC backup but I get this issue when I try. the issue looks like
> this:
>
> -------------
> The backup application could not start due to an internal error:
>
> Server execution failed (0x080080005)
>
> Please check your system configuration and try again.
> -------------
>
> Does anyone know what this error message mean? and do you know how to fix
> the problem so that I will be able to use vista complete PC backup again?
>

> --------------
> --------------
>

> Question #2
> ------------
> for Vista complete PC backup, does it only backup the vista partition or
> will it backup other partitions for if I decide to do a dual boot or if I am
> using bit-licker drive encryption?
>

> From,
> Steven Wabik

Ed Y

I'd also suggest Shadow Protect Desktop. I got fed up with True Image
problems in verifying images.

http://www.storagecraft.com/products...rotectDesktop/

Ed

"Mick Murphy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Why don't you just have a look at Acronis True Image?
>
> http://www.acronis.com/
> --
> Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia
>

> "Steven Wabik" wrote:
>
>> I have a few questions about vista complete PC backup. one is about how
>> fix an issue with it and the other question is about how it works.
>>

>> Question #1:
>> -------------
>> well, recently I have been having an issue with vista complete PC backup.
>> it
>> did a complete PC backup once. then I installed a bunch of applications,
>> installed a few hardware devices to the computer, and synced a Bluetooth
>> device or two to my computer.
>>
>> after making all of these changes to my computer I want to make a new a
>> new
>> complete PC backup but I get this issue when I try. the issue looks like
>> this:
>>
>> -------------
>> The backup application could not start due to an internal error:
>>
>> Server execution failed (0x080080005)
>>
>> Please check your system configuration and try again.
>> -------------
>>
>> Does anyone know what this error message mean? and do you know how to fix
>> the problem so that I will be able to use vista complete PC backup again?
>>

>> --------------
>> --------------
>>

>> Question #2
>> ------------
>> for Vista complete PC backup, does it only backup the vista partition or
>> will it backup other partitions for if I decide to do a dual boot or if I
>> am
>> using bit-licker drive encryption?
>>

>> From,
>> Steven Wabik

Steven Wabik

so far I have gotten a few responses to this damn issue I am having. so far
they are all work arounds. not with any solutions or what this error code
actually means. so, can someone please figure it out for me.

if i can't get vista complete PC backup to work, i will just use Acronis
True Image to do a image of my pc. My OEM supplied it with my computer when
i purchased it. of course then, my pc also came with Windows XP. then I also
got a free upgrade to vista.

and the odd thing is that I still have DOS utilities that I use to do image
backups of my computers hard drive. its just to bad that they do not work
with windows vista.

"Ed Y" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Oqff7zU%(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'd also suggest Shadow Protect Desktop. I got fed up with True Image
> problems in verifying images.
>
> http://www.storagecraft.com/products...rotectDesktop/
>
> Ed
>
> "Mick Murphy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Why don't you just have a look at Acronis True Image?
>>
>> http://www.acronis.com/
>> --
>> Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia
>>

>> "Steven Wabik" wrote:
>>
>>> I have a few questions about vista complete PC backup. one is about how
>>> fix an issue with it and the other question is about how it works.
>>>

>>> Question #1:
>>> -------------
>>> well, recently I have been having an issue with vista complete PC
>>> backup. it
>>> did a complete PC backup once. then I installed a bunch of applications,
>>> installed a few hardware devices to the computer, and synced a Bluetooth
>>> device or two to my computer.
>>>
>>> after making all of these changes to my computer I want to make a new a
>>> new
>>> complete PC backup but I get this issue when I try. the issue looks like
>>> this:
>>>
>>> -------------
>>> The backup application could not start due to an internal error:
>>>
>>> Server execution failed (0x080080005)
>>>
>>> Please check your system configuration and try again.
>>> -------------
>>>
>>> Does anyone know what this error message mean? and do you know how to
>>> fix
>>> the problem so that I will be able to use vista complete PC backup
>>> again?
>>>

>>> --------------
>>> --------------
>>>

>>> Question #2
>>> ------------
>>> for Vista complete PC backup, does it only backup the vista partition or
>>> will it backup other partitions for if I decide to do a dual boot or if
>>> I am
>>> using bit-licker drive encryption?
>>>

>>> From,
>>> Steven Wabik

Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev]

>> can someone please figure it out for me. <<

ms can't figure out vista...

....so, that's expecting a lot from the unpaid help ;-)

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]

Rainald Taesler

Steven Wabik wrote:
> if i can't get vista complete PC backup to work

As your problems have nothing to do with the special issues of a
*TabletPC* and are just *Vista* issue, I highly recommend to ask in a
Vista NG, probably vista.general.

Rainald

Mick Murphy

Hey IDIOT, this is *Vista Installation_Setup*, NOT *TabletPC*!

YOU find YOUR right Newsgroup before whinging!
Fool!
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"Rainald Taesler" wrote:

> Steven Wabik wrote:
> > if i can't get vista complete PC backup to work

> As your problems have nothing to do with the special issues of a
> *TabletPC* and are just *Vista* issue, I highly recommend to ask in a
> Vista NG, probably vista.general.
>
> Rainald

Sinner

"Mick Murphy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hey IDIOT, this is *Vista Installation_Setup*, NOT *TabletPC*!
>
> YOU find YOUR right Newsgroup before whinging!
> Fool!

Hey, asshole, it's cross-posted to a windows XP tablet newsgroup. and fix
your spell-checker. There's only one "g" in whining.

Sinner

"Sinner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsF2nk.6942$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Mick Murphy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hey IDIOT, this is *Vista Installation_Setup*, NOT *TabletPC*!
>>
>> YOU find YOUR right Newsgroup before whinging!
>> Fool!

> Hey, asshole, it's cross-posted to a windows XP tablet newsgroup. and fix
> your spell-checker. There's only one "g" in whining.

Oops. Just a "windows tabletPC newsgroup.

Rainald Taesler

Mick Murphy wrote:

>> Steven Wabik wrote:
>>> if i can't get vista complete PC backup to work

>> As your problems have nothing to do with the special issues of a
>> *TabletPC* and are just *Vista* issue, I highly recommend to ask
>> in a Vista NG, probably vista.general.
>>
>> Rainald

> Hey IDIOT, this is *Vista Installation_Setup*, NOT *TabletPC*!
>
> YOU find YOUR right Newsgroup before whinging!
> Fool!

Why do you direct this to poor *ME*?
I already told the OP where to go!

Rainald