Vista SP1 & Aspire 3680-2633

Han

Are there any known problems that prevent Vista Home Basic to install SP1
on an Acer Aspire 3680-2633?

MS chat service has not been able to get it installed, even with all the
eAcer services stopped and the machine rebooted.

--
Best regards
Han

A Nother

"Han" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> Are there any known problems that prevent Vista Home Basic to install SP1
> on an Acer Aspire 3680-2633?

Yes. Apparently you need to 'prepare' for the SP by having automatic updates
turned on and perhaps going to Microsoft Update as well. Or so I understand.

Han

"A Nother" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

> "Han" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
>> Are there any known problems that prevent Vista Home Basic to install
>> SP1 on an Acer Aspire 3680-2633?

> Yes. Apparently you need to 'prepare' for the SP by having automatic
> updates turned on and perhaps going to Microsoft Update as well. Or so
> I understand.

That's all set. Still no luck. I wonder what the "escalation" is going to
do tomorrow evening. I'll try to keep this thread up to date.

--
Best regards
Han

L.E. Funt

Nope, download the full install

"A Nother" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> "Han" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
>> Are there any known problems that prevent Vista Home Basic to install SP1
>> on an Acer Aspire 3680-2633?

> Yes. Apparently you need to 'prepare' for the SP by having automatic
> updates turned on and perhaps going to Microsoft Update as well. Or so I
> understand.

Han

"L.E. Funt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:8EKMj.4$(E-Mail Removed):

> Nope, download the full install

Downloading the full install of SP1 is only a waste of time. It does not
work on my machine.

Spent 3 hrs with MS customer service on the phone with him having remote
control through "Easy Access", and no result other than having to
reinstall applications such as AV and antispyware. What a waste!

--
Best regards
Han

Vista SP1 coming out tomorrow.. Paul Dell 15 02-05-2008 11:43 AM
OT: RTM of Vista SP1 georgie Dell 1 02-05-2008 01:36 AM
Vista SP1 <-- rumors say to be available about Feb. 15th per engadget RnR Dell 7 01-25-2008 10:55 PM
OT: Vista SP1 update RnR Dell 0 12-13-2007 01:32 AM
Vista SP1?? Paul Dell 25 12-08-2007 12:54 PM