Vista Ultimate not detecting Samsung NP-Q1 UMPC as a tablet

Fadi

Hi there
New instalation of Vista Ultimate, All the drivers from samsung... the pen
works just like a mouse...
but for some reason, Vista refuse to acknowledge the machine as a tablet, so
I don't get the onscreen keyboard....etc.
Device manager does not report any unrecognized hardware or issues..

Anywone has managed to get Vista Ultimate to recognize the Samsung NP-Q1 as
a tablet?

Thanks in advance.

Fadi

Fadi

A message I got back from Samsung, that might help (still working on getting
this working )
There is no tablet edition ofVista but there is some unofficial guidance
available online on gettingVista to recognise the Q1 as a tablet which is
available from the link below.

http://www.technologyquestions.com/t...tablet-pc.html

I get an error in setting permissions on the RegKey, I found the following
site...
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/For...5-fe2cef2656ac

But that did not help... Still working on this, if anyone else having this
issue, would love to hear from you
Thanks
Fadi

"Fadi" wrote:

> Hi there
> New instalation of Vista Ultimate, All the drivers from samsung... the pen
> works just like a mouse...
> but for some reason, Vista refuse to acknowledge the machine as a tablet, so
> I don't get the onscreen keyboard....etc.
> Device manager does not report any unrecognized hardware or issues..
>
> Anywone has managed to get Vista Ultimate to recognize the Samsung NP-Q1 as
> a tablet?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Fadi

Sven

They are correct in that there is no distinct special edition of Vista for
Tablets, like there was for XP. For XP you got a specific version of XP
which either had Tablet or Media Center bits, and was technically only
available for OEMs building Tablets or Media Centers. In Vista (and Win 7
for that matter) the OS comes with the bits for Tablets and Media Center
support and it depends only on the hardware you have...assuming of course
the hardware is recognized. I may be wrong but I don't think the Q1
actually ran Tablet Edition, but rather Samsung extra software support on
standard XP. UMPCs were almost a different animal altogether. Most every
hardware platform I have had that had XP Tablet edition on it, had no issues
when Vista or Win7 was loaded, seeing it as a tablet. Hope you get your
issue resolved.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...