Vista upgrade

Rich

Hi

Can anyone whos filled in the acer web form to upgrade to vista help?

http://www.acer.co.uk/acereuro/page9...crc=4262498838

The email that comes back asks for the orginal receipt and redemption
form. Theres no mention of what the redemption form actually is. Also
do you get the receipt back.

Don't want someone with my address and part debit card details. Then
theres the problem of getting 12 month warranty in the UK if they
don't return the receipt.with no receipt.

When I go to the order update site - it just states order comfirmed.
Is it or not?

No answers from acer to my emails.

Thanks.

Rich

DracUK

Well I filled in the form yesterday and paid the postage fee of 14 by cc
which they dont deduct until dispatch.The only problem that I have with the
procedure is WE will have to fax a COPY of our receipts to the Netherlands
address.
Why no UK address?
I have emailed them to clarify

regards

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> Can anyone whos filled in the acer web form to upgrade to vista help?
>
> http://www.acer.co.uk/acereuro/page9...crc=4262498838
>
> The email that comes back asks for the orginal receipt and redemption
> form. Theres no mention of what the redemption form actually is. Also
> do you get the receipt back.
>
> Don't want someone with my address and part debit card details. Then
> theres the problem of getting 12 month warranty in the UK if they
> don't return the receipt.with no receipt.
>
> When I go to the order update site - it just states order comfirmed.
> Is it or not?
>
> No answers from acer to my emails.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Rich

Rich

On Sat, 6 Jan 2007 08:17:56 -0000, "DracUK" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Well I filled in the form yesterday and paid the postage fee of £14 by cc
>which they dont deduct until dispatch.The only problem that I have with the
>procedure is WE will have to fax a COPY of our receipts to the Netherlands
>address.
>Why no UK address?
>I have emailed them to clarify
>
>regards

Don't mind faxing the receipt - could do that from work. But that
option isn't even listed - postage of orginal only?

Thanks.

Rich

Rich

Rich wrote:

> Don't mind faxing the receipt - could do that from work. But that
> option isn't even listed - postage of orginal only?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Rich

Received the below from acer today - may of interest to others :

========================

You only need the redemption form if you have a self built computer or
if
you bought Media Center Edition 2005 without a computer.

You get the Redemption Form from your reseller.

After you ordered on the website, you send us the copy of Proof of
Purchase
by email (scan it in) or by fax or by post.

Kind Regards,
The Upgrade Redemption Support Centre.

Toll-Free phone :
Germany : 00800 666 44 666
United Kingdom : 00800 666 44 666
France : 00800 666 44 666
Italy : 00800 666 44 666
Netherlands : 00800 666 44 666
Spain : 900 973154

Toll paid Phone :
Phone : +31 880016102
Fax : +31 555433946

Address :
Technical Upgrade Program Vista
P.O. Box 252
7300 AG Apeldoorn
The Netherlands

Web site : http://upgradeweb.moduslink.com/vista/

DracUK

Cheers
Have scanned my receipt and emailed it off

regards
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...

> Rich wrote:
>

>> Don't mind faxing the receipt - could do that from work. But that
>> option isn't even listed - postage of orginal only?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Rich

> Received the below from acer today - may of interest to others :
>
> ========================
>
> You only need the redemption form if you have a self built computer or
> if
> you bought Media Center Edition 2005 without a computer.
>
> You get the Redemption Form from your reseller.
>
> After you ordered on the website, you send us the copy of Proof of
> Purchase
> by email (scan it in) or by fax or by post.
>
> Kind Regards,
> The Upgrade Redemption Support Centre.
>
> Toll-Free phone :
> Germany : 00800 666 44 666
> United Kingdom : 00800 666 44 666
> France : 00800 666 44 666
> Italy : 00800 666 44 666
> Netherlands : 00800 666 44 666
> Spain : 900 973154
>
> Toll paid Phone :
> Phone : +31 880016102
> Fax : +31 555433946
>
> Address :
> Technical Upgrade Program Vista
> P.O. Box 252
> 7300 AG Apeldoorn
> The Netherlands
>
> Web site : http://upgradeweb.moduslink.com/vista/

doS

you need a receipt and a confirmation page from the webform you filled
out...........

"DracUK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Cheers
> Have scanned my receipt and emailed it off
>
> regards
> "Rich" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>>
>> Rich wrote:
>>

>>> Don't mind faxing the receipt - could do that from work. But that
>>> option isn't even listed - postage of orginal only?
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> Rich

>> Received the below from acer today - may of interest to others :
>>
>> ========================
>>
>> You only need the redemption form if you have a self built computer or
>> if
>> you bought Media Center Edition 2005 without a computer.
>>
>> You get the Redemption Form from your reseller.
>>
>> After you ordered on the website, you send us the copy of Proof of
>> Purchase
>> by email (scan it in) or by fax or by post.
>>
>> Kind Regards,
>> The Upgrade Redemption Support Centre.
>>
>> Toll-Free phone :
>> Germany : 00800 666 44 666
>> United Kingdom : 00800 666 44 666
>> France : 00800 666 44 666
>> Italy : 00800 666 44 666
>> Netherlands : 00800 666 44 666
>> Spain : 900 973154
>>
>> Toll paid Phone :
>> Phone : +31 880016102
>> Fax : +31 555433946
>>
>> Address :
>> Technical Upgrade Program Vista
>> P.O. Box 252
>> 7300 AG Apeldoorn
>> The Netherlands
>>
>> Web site : http://upgradeweb.moduslink.com/vista/

sank5

It seems strange to me that we are all going to the same page and
submitting the same response but getting different results. I
submitted my request to upgrade a week ago and the only option for the
UK is by Fax to 00800-666-44-666.

> For your order to be fulfilled, you must submit (by mail, facsimile

or scan) your receipt for a qualifying PC, together with the online
confirmation number listed on this page, to the following address or
facsimile number:

> EMEA
> Software Upgrade Program ACER INCORPORATED
> PO Box 252
> 7300 AG Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
> Email: (E-Mail Removed)
> Fax: 31-55-543 3946
>
> Americas
> Software Upgrade Program ACER INCORPORATED
> PO Box 1918
> Orem, UT 84059-1918
> Email: (E-Mail Removed)
> Fax: 801-431-5616 Mexico
> Technical Upgrade Program ACER INCORPORATED
> Parque Industrial Tecnológico II
> Periferico Sur #7980 Nave 5,
> Esq. Av. Colon
> Sta. Maria Tequepexpan
> Tlaquepaque, Jalisco
> C.P. 45600
> Mexico
>
> Asia
> Software Upgrade Program ACER INCORPORATED
> Blk 750 Chai Chee Road
> #01-03, Suite 987
> Techno park @ Chai Chee
> Singapore 469000
> Email: (E-Mail Removed)
> Fax: 65-62417132 China
> POP Document
> Attention to Ms Ding (丁小姐))
> 'Express Update to Windows ACER INCORPORATED'
> Vista program - POP
> 麦迪 实软 件(上海)有限公司
> 上海市田州路99号11号楼
> 上海 (200233) Japan
> Vista Program ACER INCORPORATED
> Kanagawa-ken Atsugi-shi
> Okada 3148
> Zip code 243-0021. Korea
> Software Upgrade Program ACER INCORPORATED
> 459-3, Gugal-Dong,
> Kiheung-Gu, Yongin-Si,
> Kyunggi-Do, Korea
>

> EUROPEAN
>
> Germany : 00800 666 44 666
> United Kingdom: 00800 666 44 666
> France : 00800 666 44 666
> Italy : 00800 666 44 666
> Netherlands : 00800 666 44 666
> Spain : 900 973154

I have tried repeatedly to fax my receipt with no joy. It is currently
sat in the fax which has been on constant redial for over 2 days now.
I am starting to get annoyed to say the least.

Has anyone successfully faxed their receipt to these people?

Dave