vista upgrade upgrade assistant?

Tony Pacc

I am going to you guys first before I go to Dell,this group seems to know
more then Dell.I received my Vista upgrade today,does anybody know if there
is only one upgrade assistant disk for ALL Dell models.The reason I am
asking is because when I did my online order I had put the wrong service
tag #,on the third digit, I put a 8 instead of a B,by putting a 8 in there
it shows up as a XPS 410/9200,I have a E521,so I immediately called Dell to
correct this error,but I am not too sure if they did correct it.It does not
say on disk label if it's for a specific model.The person I had talked to
was not to good with the English language,so I am wondering.I am talking
about the blue disk labeled Upgrade Assistant.Thanks

hdrdtd

It appears to be a universal DVD.

Looking at the contents, There is a directory for the BIOS images, and quite
a wide range of models are listed including the E521.

You should be fine.

news:45ec5eb6$0$16725$(E-Mail Removed)...