Vlink 8X feature & GrForce 3 Ti200

Larry Roberts

I have an FIC AN19C mainboard with a GeForce 3 Ti200. This
card worked flawlessly in 2 previous mainboards (MSI 6382 v1, & a DFI
CA64TN). The FIC AN19C mainboard is AGP 8X compliant. In it's BIOS is
a setting to disable, and enable Vlink 8X support.
Since I've put this system together, 3D games, applivcations
tend to lockup at random times during play. I've already tried doing a
full format, and reinstall of the OS. All patches, and drivers are
updated.
Should the Vlink 8X support be disabled on a 4X videocard?

farmuse

If I recall correctly VLink is a term for the Northbridge and
Southbridge controller speed. Not AGP. You should enable VLink, and set
the card to AGP x4. For stability check your memory timings, and your
power supply. Make sure you have DirectX 9, etc.