volume goes down

Przemyslaw

Hello. Please help me . I had been using sound device integrated with my
mainboar before I decided to install Sound Blaster 16 Live!. Today I put
this SB into my computer and installed drivers downloaded from Internet.
After installation I discovered that I can play music files only for a short
moments, because WHEN I GET VOLUME HIGHER IN MY MIXER - THEN IT SLOWLY GOES
DOWN (FIRST VOLUME SLIDE: PLAY CONTROL). Volume automatically starts to go
down immediately after my getting it higher and then releasing the volume
control. I tried to check and uncheck mute in other volume controls (these
on the right side of the first slide). I also tried some other tricks, but
the only thing worthy mentioning here is that first volume control (main
volume control) doesn't go down if I check digital output only (but then I
can't here anything). Please tell me how can I solve my problem? / Best
regards - Przemyslaw Babski
(PS Volume control also goes down in sb 'dedicated' mixer)

D.R.

"Przemyslaw" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cjuurv$1d05$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello. Please help me . I had been using sound device integrated with my
> mainboar before I decided to install Sound Blaster 16 Live!. Today I put
> this SB into my computer and installed drivers downloaded from Internet.
> After installation I discovered that I can play music files only for a short
> moments, because WHEN I GET VOLUME HIGHER IN MY MIXER - THEN IT SLOWLY GOES
> DOWN (FIRST VOLUME SLIDE: PLAY CONTROL). Volume automatically starts to go
> down immediately after my getting it higher and then releasing the volume
> control. I tried to check and uncheck mute in other volume controls (these
> on the right side of the first slide). I also tried some other tricks, but
> the only thing worthy mentioning here is that first volume control (main
> volume control) doesn't go down if I check digital output only (but then I
> can't here anything). Please tell me how can I solve my problem? / Best
> regards - Przemyslaw Babski
> (PS Volume control also goes down in sb 'dedicated' mixer)

Strange problem. Never heard of that.

If you want a better chance of help, I recommend that you use the UK official
Creative Labs forums:

Soundcard-related Software:
http://uk.europe.creative.com/suppor...um.asp?foru=26

Soundcard-related Hardware:
http://uk.europe.creative.com/suppor...um.asp?foru=25

If the website asks what country you are from, just select UK. ;-)

D.R.

Przemyslaw

OK. I solved the problem by myself. The cable from CD ROM was connected
incorecetly to my SB.