Vostro 1000 64bit F6 Drivers?

Justin

I have a Dell Vostro 1000, with an AMD Athlon 64 X2.
I have a few licenses for Windows XP 64 bit and I'd like to load it on
there. However I can't seem to find the correct F6 drivers for this
machine.
Here is a screen shot from an identical machine running Windows 7. Where do
I have to look in order to ID the controller?
http://img163.imageshack.us/i/vostro1000dm.jpg/

Bob Levine

On 1/24/2011 12:20 AM, Justin wrote:
> I have a Dell Vostro 1000, with an AMD Athlon 64 X2.
> I have a few licenses for Windows XP 64 bit and I'd like to load it on
> there. However I can't seem to find the correct F6 drivers for this
> machine.
> Here is a screen shot from an identical machine running Windows 7. Where
> do I have to look in order to ID the controller?
> http://img163.imageshack.us/i/vostro1000dm.jpg/

I can't help with the drivers but I would like to know what you hope to
accomplish by installing an operating system that was nothing short of
experimental.

You'll find very little support, including a severe lack of drivers, for
it. If you're going to go 64 bit you should have 6-8 gigs of RAM and go
with with Windows 7.

Bob

Christopher Muto

On 1/24/2011 12:20 AM, Justin wrote:
> I have a Dell Vostro 1000, with an AMD Athlon 64 X2.
> I have a few licenses for Windows XP 64 bit and I'd like to load it on
> there. However I can't seem to find the correct F6 drivers for this
> machine.
> Here is a screen shot from an identical machine running Windows 7. Where
> do I have to look in order to ID the controller?
> http://img163.imageshack.us/i/vostro1000dm.jpg/

do not click his link. imageshack is an advertiser based picture hosing
site that has some less than reputable advertisers. about every third
click on that link you are likely to encounter a message that 'avg has
found suspicious activity' - even if you don't have avg antivirus on
your computer. this is then followed by a graphic of a fake system scan
that is an advertisement to entice you to purchase their antivirus
software. considered yourself warned, and remember that alt+f4 can
safely close these windows.

Boris

Christopher Muto <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) t:

> On 1/24/2011 12:20 AM, Justin wrote:
>> I have a Dell Vostro 1000, with an AMD Athlon 64 X2.
>> I have a few licenses for Windows XP 64 bit and I'd like to load it on
>> there. However I can't seem to find the correct F6 drivers for this
>> machine.
>> Here is a screen shot from an identical machine running Windows 7. Where
>> do I have to look in order to ID the controller?
>> http://img163.imageshack.us/i/vostro1000dm.jpg/

> do not click his link. imageshack is an advertiser based picture hosing
> site that has some less than reputable advertisers. about every third
> click on that link you are likely to encounter a message that 'avg has
> found suspicious activity' - even if you don't have avg antivirus on
> your computer. this is then followed by a graphic of a fake system scan
> that is an advertisement to entice you to purchase their antivirus
> software. considered yourself warned, and remember that alt+f4 can
> safely close these windows.

That's exactly what happened when I clicked on the link. I safely clicked
out.

Bob Levine

On 1/24/2011 1:43 PM, Christopher Muto wrote:

> do not click his link. imageshack is an advertiser based picture hosing
> site

Interesting typo. :-)

Bob

BillW50

In news:(E-Mail Removed) t,
Christopher Muto typed on Mon, 24 Jan 2011 13:43:09 -0500:
> On 1/24/2011 12:20 AM, Justin wrote:
>> I have a Dell Vostro 1000, with an AMD Athlon 64 X2.
>> I have a few licenses for Windows XP 64 bit and I'd like to load it
>> on there. However I can't seem to find the correct F6 drivers for
>> this machine.
>> Here is a screen shot from an identical machine running Windows 7.
>> Where do I have to look in order to ID the controller?
>> http://img163.imageshack.us/i/vostro1000dm.jpg/

> do not click his link. imageshack is an advertiser based picture
> hosing site that has some less than reputable advertisers. about
> every third click on that link you are likely to encounter a message
> that 'avg has found suspicious activity' - even if you don't have avg
> antivirus on your computer. this is then followed by a graphic of a
> fake system scan that is an advertisement to entice you to purchase
> their antivirus software. considered yourself warned, and remember
> that alt+f4 can safely close these windows.

Interesting! As I have used imageshack since the beginning and I never
knew this. But I use the old imageshack and nobody sees this stuff
there. Here is an example. And yes it is perfectly safe.

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/2...sathumbsup.jpg

And my thoughts about AVG, besides about becoming very bloated for no
reason. AVG has another annoying problem of flagging tons of false
positives. I finally had enough of it and switched over to Avast. And
Avast still flags false positives, but tons far less than AVG. Heck I
think I am getting like one false positive a year with Avast.

--
Bill
Gateway M465e ('06 era)

Justin

"Christopher Muto" wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) t...

On 1/24/2011 12:20 AM, Justin wrote:
> I have a Dell Vostro 1000, with an AMD Athlon 64 X2.
> I have a few licenses for Windows XP 64 bit and I'd like to load it on
> there. However I can't seem to find the correct F6 drivers for this
> machine.
> Here is a screen shot from an identical machine running Windows 7. Where
> do I have to look in order to ID the controller?
> http://img163.imageshack.us/i/vostro1000dm.jpg/

do not click his link. imageshack is an advertiser based picture hosing
site that has some less than reputable advertisers. about every third
click on that link you are likely to encounter a message that 'avg has
found suspicious activity' - even if you don't have avg antivirus on
your computer. this is then followed by a graphic of a fake system scan
that is an advertisement to entice you to purchase their antivirus
software. considered yourself warned, and remember that alt+f4 can
safely close these windows.

I usually use a Mac so I don't have to worry about viruses.
At one point Imageshack was reputable, I didn't realize things had changed.
Having said that, can you tell me a reputable image hosting site?

Justin

"Bob Levine" wrote in message
news:ihjvbv$rf0$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...

On 1/24/2011 12:20 AM, Justin wrote:
> I have a Dell Vostro 1000, with an AMD Athlon 64 X2.
> I have a few licenses for Windows XP 64 bit and I'd like to load it on
> there. However I can't seem to find the correct F6 drivers for this
> machine.
> Here is a screen shot from an identical machine running Windows 7. Where
> do I have to look in order to ID the controller?
> http://img163.imageshack.us/i/vostro1000dm.jpg/

I can't help with the drivers but I would like to know what you hope to
accomplish by installing an operating system that was nothing short of
experimental.

You'll find very little support, including a severe lack of drivers, for
it. If you're going to go 64 bit you should have 6-8 gigs of RAM and go
with with Windows 7.

Bob

I just want to try it out. I have three COAs sitting here wasting away.

Justin

"Boris" wrote in message news:Xns9E77702D5AB9Eblahblahcom@188.40.43.230...

Christopher Muto <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) t:

> On 1/24/2011 12:20 AM, Justin wrote:
>> I have a Dell Vostro 1000, with an AMD Athlon 64 X2.
>> I have a few licenses for Windows XP 64 bit and I'd like to load it on
>> there. However I can't seem to find the correct F6 drivers for this
>> machine.
>> Here is a screen shot from an identical machine running Windows 7. Where
>> do I have to look in order to ID the controller?
>> http://img163.imageshack.us/i/vostro1000dm.jpg/

> do not click his link. imageshack is an advertiser based picture hosing
> site that has some less than reputable advertisers. about every third
> click on that link you are likely to encounter a message that 'avg has
> found suspicious activity' - even if you don't have avg antivirus on
> your computer. this is then followed by a graphic of a fake system scan
> that is an advertisement to entice you to purchase their antivirus
> software. considered yourself warned, and remember that alt+f4 can
> safely close these windows.

That's exactly what happened when I clicked on the link. I safely clicked
out.

I was unaware Imageshack went bonkers.
Can you suggest another site?

Bob Levine

On 1/24/2011 11:08 PM, Justin wrote:

> I just want to try it out. I have three COAs sitting here wasting away.

FWIW, that's exactly what I'd continue to let them do.

Bob