Wacom Cintiq21 UX Tablet not functionning with vista

Flo

I've recently installed visa on my machine. I used to run XP, and had no
problems with running the Cintiq 21UX. Basically, the following occurs:

- The tablet doesn't act as a secondary screen, just as a normal tablet.
Meaning I can't navigate with my pen on the actual tablet-screen, but only on
the main screen.
- I can navigate with my usual mouse on the tablet screen, so the tablet
does work as a secondary screen.
- The correct options are selected on my tablet settings panel.

Could there be some kind of interference with the tablet setting because of
the operating system's in-built "tablet PC settings" ?

I need to resume my work as a matter of urgency, and would greatly apreciate
you providing some insight on the matter.

Invalid

In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, Flo
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>I've recently installed visa on my machine. I used to run XP, and had no
>problems with running the Cintiq 21UX. Basically, the following occurs:
>
>- The tablet doesn't act as a secondary screen, just as a normal tablet.
>Meaning I can't navigate with my pen on the actual tablet-screen, but only on
>the main screen.
>- I can navigate with my usual mouse on the tablet screen, so the tablet
>does work as a secondary screen.
>- The correct options are selected on my tablet settings panel.
>
>Could there be some kind of interference with the tablet setting because of
>the operating system's in-built "tablet PC settings" ?
>
>I need to resume my work as a matter of urgency, and would greatly apreciate
>you providing some insight on the matter.

Have you installed the Wacom Vista drivers?

I don't have a Cintiq , but the symptoms you describe suggest Vista is
seeing it as two devices, a Tablet digitizer and a secondary display.

Vista has inbuilt Tablet drivers, but they assume the digitizer is
associated with the main display. I suspect you will need to download
Wacom's own Vista drivers.
--
Invalid

Flo

I already did but downloaded again just to be sure but it doesn t seems to
fix anything. Btw you perfectly caught my problem and i thank you for your
swift answer).

Invalid

In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, Flo
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes

>I already did but downloaded again just to be sure but it doesn t seems to
>fix anything. Btw you perfectly caught my problem and i thank you for your
>swift answer).

I took a quick look at the Cintiq manual. One option it discusses is

"When using Cintiq on a multiple monitor system, you cannot use the pen
control the other monitor(s). Set one of the ExpressKeys to DISPLAY
TOGGLE, and then press that key to cycle between pen control for the
Cintiq and your other displays. See the electronic Software User’s
Manual for details on working with DISPLAY TOGGLE."

The other issue in the manual concerns installation. It seems very
important not to connect the USB connector (which I presume is the
digitizer) until installation of the device as a secondary display is
complete.

You did disconnect the Cintiq before installing Vista didn't you?

I suspect that If you didn't, Vista has installed the standard
digitizer drivers. You will need to uninstall the Wacom drivers,
uninstall the Vista digitizer drivers, disconnect the Cintiq, reboot
and reinstall the Cintiq dives in the right order.

At the moment, the standard Vista drivers are getting first choice of
the USB digitizer traffic!

--
Invalid

Flo

It worked! Thx a lot for your help, i can start to work again)