Wanna buy External CDROM Dr!!!

Joseph Fenn

Anybody out there have an old cdr drive (external) off the epp port.
I would need dos drivers for same also if one can be found.
Joe
(email valid)

* Ham KH6JF AARS/MARS ABM6JF QCWA WW2 VET WD RADIO *
* Army MARS State Coordinator for Hawaii *

Barry Watzman

Another option that might be easier to find, a SCSI external CD-ROM and
a parallel to SCSI converter (Trantor 338 most commonly).

Joseph Fenn wrote:
> Anybody out there have an old cdr drive (external) off the epp port.
> I would need dos drivers for same also if one can be found.
> Joe
> (email valid)
>

> ************************************************** **
> * Ham KH6JF AARS/MARS ABM6JF QCWA WW2 VET WD RADIO *
> * Army MARS State Coordinator for Hawaii *
> ************************************************** **

Joseph Fenn

I should have posted to the newsgroup I found a solution.
After several years with my BackPack CDR-R/W external unit,
I finally found a floppy disk that came with it in addition to
the acaptek cd. I dug into the disk and lo and behold it permits
useing an external backpack to be used in dos mode as a
READ-ONLY device. Which is exactly what I needed. After
reading the docs, I soon had an external cd reader and used
an OEM95 I bought recently still in shrinkwrap with key and
book came with it for $25. So VOILA I am now reading in
the OEM95 version into 3 laptops I have here. 2 NEC's and one
Toshiba. The OEM95 disk has a whole bunch of stuff on it
that the upgrade versions never did. Thanks for your msg.
Joe Fenn