Warning for Win XP users and Matrox digital cards.

nosmo

I just re installed a slipstreamed XP into a box this weekend.
Virgin install.
All went well until the final boot.
Just before the windows log in screen, the monitor went blank and stayed
that way.

Needless to say I was concerned and thought that it had locked up.

FIX.

Win XP does not know how to handle a Digital cable to the monitor with its
stock drivers.
Disconnected the digital monitor cord and used the analogue one until I had
time to download the Matrox 650 driver.