Washed out display when Dual Video-ing with my 1yr old Dell

Bub.Paulson@gmail.com

Last year I bought a Dell PC with a "19 inch E197FP Analog Flat Panel"
monitor and a "256MB NVIDIA Geforce 7300LE" video card. I noticed
when I plugged another monitor in -- for dual display -- the older one
was noticibly grey. I figured side-by-side I was noticing an existing
problem, that only became apparent due to seeing it right beside a
better LCD.

Recently I upgraded to a 24" Westinghouse L2410NM (see reviews at
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...2E16824255001), and
put the biggest monitor where the Dell one was, and the Dell one where
the older one was, and the older one has been given away.

Dilemma: now the Dell LCD has a "washed out" grayish appearance;
overall darker.

Sooo...intuitively, I figure the graphics card is too weak to properly
drive both of my monitors (one 19" at 1280x1024, one 24" at
1920x1200), but I wanted to solicit other opinions. I am no expert,
and the advice in this forum is often excellent.

Thanks,
Bub

wm_walsh@hotmail.com

Hi!

Chances are the video card is more than capable enough to drive both
of your monitors. Both video connections should be at least semi-
isolated from one another, but in the case of your system, some
supporting component may have gone bad or is marginal.

You might also double check your monitors. I could certainly agree
that what you're seeing is a video card problem, but no two monitors
are alike...especially ones from totally different companies. Even if
it were for testing purposes only, I'd try to get two matched monitors
(same brand and model) for a test to see if the graphics card still
doesn't work properly.

William

Tom Scales

While my experience says the 7300LE is junk (and I have two in a
drawer), I don't believe they are your problem. I've used them to drive
two 1920x1200 monitors.

So, if you've ruled out the monitor and you've reasonable rules out the
card, what's left is the VGA cable. Have you tried a different one?
Sounds like it make have a bad connection.