Watchdog msp430

ddshore@gmail.com

Hi,

I have an MSP430 and set the watchdog timer, however, when I cut power
off and return power, sometimes it'll reset, and sometimes it won't.
If I check with my debugger where it's getting stuck, it's just between
two lines that say something like
e30 BITB.B #4, 0X0028
e34 jnz 0Xe30
and it will loop forever there,

however this will only happen part of the time, other times it'll work
perfectly well, is there anyway to debug the watchdog timer, or is
there something I'm doing wrong?

I'd appreciate any help,

Thanks

ddshore@gmail.com

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an MSP430 and set the watchdog timer, however, when I cut power
> off and return power, sometimes it'll reset, and sometimes it won't.
> If I check with my debugger where it's getting stuck, it's just between
> two lines that say something like
> e30 BITB.B #4, 0X0028
> e34 jnz 0Xe30
> and it will loop forever there,
>
> however this will only happen part of the time, other times it'll work
> perfectly well, is there anyway to debug the watchdog timer, or is
> there something I'm doing wrong?
>
> I'd appreciate any help,
>
> Thanks

I've checked my interrupt flag for the watchdog and it's turned off
whenever this happens, however I've scanned through my whole code and
there's not one line in which I turn off the watchdog timer

ddshore@gmail.com

Just one more thing

the problem seems to be exactly when I'm enabling my other
interruptions, there is an instruction
POP.W R11 however this will make it jump to a random instruction,
however if I follow it step by step, it will jump to the interrupt
instruction and then it'll work fine. However if I don't debug it it
will never reset back to normal.

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have an MSP430 and set the watchdog timer, however, when I cut power
> > off and return power, sometimes it'll reset, and sometimes it won't.
> > If I check with my debugger where it's getting stuck, it's just between
> > two lines that say something like
> > e30 BITB.B #4, 0X0028
> > e34 jnz 0Xe30
> > and it will loop forever there,
> >
> > however this will only happen part of the time, other times it'll work
> > perfectly well, is there anyway to debug the watchdog timer, or is
> > there something I'm doing wrong?
> >
> > I'd appreciate any help,
> >
> > Thanks

> I've checked my interrupt flag for the watchdog and it's turned off
> whenever this happens, however I've scanned through my whole code and
> there's not one line in which I turn off the watchdog timer

Spehro Pefhany

On 5 Dec 2006 15:29:16 -0800, the renowned (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have an MSP430 and set the watchdog timer, however, when I cut power
>off and return power, sometimes it'll reset, and sometimes it won't.
>If I check with my debugger where it's getting stuck, it's just between
>two lines that say something like
>e30 BITB.B #4, 0X0028
>e34 jnz 0Xe30
>and it will loop forever there,
>
>however this will only happen part of the time, other times it'll work
>perfectly well, is there anyway to debug the watchdog timer, or is
>there something I'm doing wrong?
>
>I'd appreciate any help,
>
>Thanks

Using BOR?

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
(E-Mail Removed) Info for manufacturers: http://www.trexon.com

ddshore@gmail.com

No, I'm using the 149, there's no BOR in it.

Spehro Pefhany wrote:
> On 5 Dec 2006 15:29:16 -0800, the renowned (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I have an MSP430 and set the watchdog timer, however, when I cut power
> >off and return power, sometimes it'll reset, and sometimes it won't.
> >If I check with my debugger where it's getting stuck, it's just between
> >two lines that say something like
> >e30 BITB.B #4, 0X0028
> >e34 jnz 0Xe30
> >and it will loop forever there,
> >
> >however this will only happen part of the time, other times it'll work
> >perfectly well, is there anyway to debug the watchdog timer, or is
> >there something I'm doing wrong?
> >
> >I'd appreciate any help,
> >
> >Thanks

> Using BOR?
>

> Best regards,
> Spehro Pefhany
> --
> "it's the network..." "The Journey is the reward"
> (E-Mail Removed) Info for manufacturers: http://www.trexon.com
> Embedded software/hardware/analog Info for designers: http://www.speff.com

ddshore@gmail.com

I can't seem to find anyway to debug this,
any suggestions??