weird red pixels on acer aspire 1681... what is the problem?

shigata

I get wierd red pixels appearing on the display of my acer aspir
1681

Im pretty sure its not the LCD because it transfers to my TV-out an
it looks to be comtained to particular windows..... It seems to do i
after its been on a while.. so im thinking maybe overheating vide
card?.... I noticed that if i press down on the case where my righ
palm rests while typing i can momentarily make the red pixels g
away...

any info on what this might be would be very much appreciated... Also
if anyone knows how i might go about fixing it would be great.... it
no longer on warranty so i can't just send it back to acer

thankx

- shigat

Acer Aspire 8930 Aspire & Bluetooth / no Plug found on the Mutter-Boart (Ger/Eng) Andreas G Laptops 3 11-21-2011 01:12 PM
Weird fault with Acer Aspire 1640 testing_h@yahoo.com Laptops 2 04-30-2007 11:37 AM
dead pixels on an acer dobski Laptops 4 06-16-2005 09:06 PM
dead pixels and Acer Advantage ?? crocky Acer 2 07-12-2004 02:06 AM