Whats a few good fan controlers you can recommend and why thanks.

We Live For The One We Die For The One

I think Vantec, the silver one with the 4 controlers.

Any other ideas ?

Just going to put all my fans on 7 Volts i mean 5 volts when not
playing games.

Thanks.

DX

"We Live For The One We Die For The One" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I think Vantec, the silver one with the 4 controlers.

This is a piece of junk; I made the mistake of buying 2, and Neither work
properly.
The coolermaster Aerogate II is much better (IMO); I would not connect the
cpu fan to it though; on a few occasions the bugger has cut out...

> Any other ideas ?
>
> Just going to put all my fans on 7 Volts i mean 5 volts when not
> playing games.
>

> Thanks.

dx

We Live For The One We Die For The One

Whats the problem with the Vantecs ??

The one i'am getting is the NXP_201 the same as the NXP-205

Probs ?

On Fri, 2 Jan 2004 15:19:26 +0100, "DX" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"We Live For The One We Die For The One" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I think Vantec, the silver one with the 4 controlers.
>>

>This is a piece of junk; I made the mistake of buying 2, and Neither work
>properly.
>The coolermaster Aerogate II is much better (IMO); I would not connect the
>cpu fan to it though; on a few occasions the bugger has cut out...
>
>> Any other ideas ?
>>
>> Just going to put all my fans on 7 Volts i mean 5 volts when not
>> playing games.
>>

>> Thanks.
>>

>dx

John

On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 03:09:15 +1100, We Live For The One We Die For The One
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Whats the problem with the Vantecs ??
>
>The one i'am getting is the NXP_201 the same as the NXP-205
>
>Probs ?

I have both the 201 and the smaller 205 (201 is for sale.. UK)

The 201 version does work okay across its full supposed voltage range of 7v to
12v, although it does emit a slight ticking sound when you place your ear close
to it (12" away)

Its later smaller 205 cousin seems to not provide the full voltage range... at
least mine doesn't.. It gives approx 8.4v to 12v and a friends 205 appears the
same, however to does not emit the ticking noise which occurs on the 201,
although its not really noticeable in normal use. You have to be close to it to
hear it.

I've been running my system with the 205 connected for some months now and it
works quite well. Vantec advise you don't connect your cpu fan to the
controller although I did and I had no problems for 3 months, however, one day
I powered up and unknown to me the cpu fan did not spin up and the m/c gave a
overheat warning when the cpu reached the bios temp warning trip threshold.
Fortunately no harm was done.... The fan tested out okay and the Vantec 205
powered the cpu fan on the next boot, but to be on the safe side I changed the
fan for another and plugged it directly to the 12v on the powersupply. I now
just use the 205 for controlling my 5 case fans. I'm not sure whether it was an
issue with the fan or the speed controller which caused the fan not to run but
as I tended to run the 80mm cpu fan at full speed anyway (a normal 80mm case fan
BTW) it was no big deal and I preferred to play safe. :-))

A cheaper option is to use a 3watt resistor, I suggest in the range 33ohm to
47ohm.

Regards

John

We Live For The One We Die For The One

I just order the 201, 5/12 incher aint it, just like to 7volt my fans
when like i'am doing this and just typing, and yank em up when i
player game when i can't hear the fans anyway

Thanks.