What's wrong with Vista?

Paul

I've noticed a common theme in the ng - people wanting to downgrade from
Vista to XP Tablet edition. What is wrong with Vista? Almost 2 years ago I
installed Vista on my Toshiba M400 (checking for drivers first) and it hasn't
given me any problems at all. In fact, I find it easier to use as I am
constantly making new network connections and Vista is a lot friendlier
interface. Tablet functions are just as good if not better than with XP
Tablet (the M400 came with XP Tablet installed) - is it a RAM issue people
are experiencing??

Mickey Segal

There are a bunch of issues with Vista. All seem like ones that can be
fixed by Microsoft, though it seems clear that drivers for many older
products will never be updated so one should be very wary of upgrading XP
computers to Vista, particularly portable computers (which includes
tablets). I've listed the major Vista annoyances I've come across at
www.segal.org/vista/.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've noticed a common theme in the ng - people wanting to downgrade from
> Vista to XP Tablet edition. What is wrong with Vista? Almost 2 years ago
> installed Vista on my Toshiba M400 (checking for drivers first) and it
> hasn't
> given me any problems at all. In fact, I find it easier to use as I am
> constantly making new network connections and Vista is a lot friendlier
> interface. Tablet functions are just as good if not better than with XP
> Tablet (the M400 came with XP Tablet installed) - is it a RAM issue people
> are experiencing??

BigK

I think most people like the speed of XP on the newer machines. But in a
couple of years the hardware will catch up.

I think inking in Vista is much better and I don't know what to do to start
programs on XP anymore. I hit windows key and type the first few letters
and my program is there. Hit enter. I like Vista and have upgraded to a
new desktop, laptop with vista and bought vista for my older desktop in the
other office.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've noticed a common theme in the ng - people wanting to downgrade from
> Vista to XP Tablet edition. What is wrong with Vista? Almost 2 years ago
> installed Vista on my Toshiba M400 (checking for drivers first) and it
> hasn't
> given me any problems at all. In fact, I find it easier to use as I am
> constantly making new network connections and Vista is a lot friendlier
> interface. Tablet functions are just as good if not better than with XP
> Tablet (the M400 came with XP Tablet installed) - is it a RAM issue people
> are experiencing??

Rainald Taesler

Paul wrote:

> I've noticed a common theme in the ng - people wanting to downgrade
> from Vista to XP Tablet edition.

Yes, this is a common issue in many forums ...
I for One ca not say why.

> What is wrong with Vista?

No idea!
Maybe the phenomenon a German proverb expresses:
"What the peasant does not know,
he won't eat" ;-)

I made the move to Vista on my Vista-capable desktop machine a longer
while ago.
I love it.
And so I finally made the move on my old HP tc1100 too (for which there
is no HP support for Vista and the graphics card does not support
Aero)). I was worth it.

> Almost
> 2 years ago I installed Vista on my Toshiba M400 (checking for
> drivers first) and it hasn't given me any problems at all. In
> fact, I find it easier to use as I am constantly making new network
> connections and Vista is a lot friendlier interface. Tablet
> functions are just as good if not better than with XP Tablet (the
> M400 came with XP Tablet installed)

IMO the functionality for TabletPCs really is ways better than what we
had under Windows.

> - is it a RAM issue people are experiencing??

No idea.
My machine has 1.5GB of RAM and it runs fine.
Performance is at least as good as under XP.
For testing things the other day I used my old HDD for installing XP.
Although not having any resource consuming apps installed, I was under
the impression that the machine was slower with XP.

Rainald

Unallocated space: What's wrong? aether Abit 38 03-24-2005 10:37 PM
SATA - what is wrong? Swidr Abit 1 08-09-2004 02:32 PM
something must be wrong right? Tompa Abit 2 07-27-2004 02:57 AM
KT7a (v1.1-1.2) Hardware monitoring? V-Core wrong? Asestar Abit 4 02-12-2004 07:44 PM
Flashmenu exits to desktop when run. What's wrong? rms Abit 7 01-30-2004 09:09 PM