Which fan to make my 41G2 more quiet?

Sasa Milkowski

I think the BB is too noisy! Which Fan did you guys use to make it more
quiet???
Sasa

Clas Mehus

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 20:17:11 +0100, "Sasa Milkowski"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I think the BB is too noisy! Which Fan did you guys use to make it more
>quiet???

BB?

--
Clas Mehus
Dataguiden : http://www.pcworld.no/dataguiden/

Sasa Milkowski

BB= Barebone

Sasa Milkowski

No one out there ever replaced the original Fan with a Pabst or something
like that???
Come on guys...
Sasa

Clas Mehus

On Thu, 1 Jan 2004 13:53:29 +0100, "Sasa Milkowski"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>No one out there ever replaced the original Fan with a Pabst or something
>like that???

Havn't done it personally, but others have. Know some even have used
12 and 17 dB fans from Pabst. I guess you just have to test, and
monitor the temperatures. If it will be enough or not might depend on
how much heat your configuration make -- faster CPU, more heat --
powerful videoboard, more heat -- some HDDs gets wormer than others
etc....

--
Clas Mehus
Dataguiden : http://www.pcworld.no/dataguiden/
"Den som har flest prylar när han dör vinner..."

Mooze

"Sasa Milkowski" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3ff41811$0$19082$(E-Mail Removed)-online.net...
> No one out there ever replaced the original Fan with a Pabst or something
> like that???
> Come on guys...
> Sasa

I changed to a 17 dB pabst. Not really any help as it is the tiny fan in the
small power supply that makes the most noise.

Mooze

Sasa Milkowski

And anybody tried the new SilentX Power Supply which is supposed not to
make such a noise?!?!?! How much does it cost? Its not available here...
Sasa

Clas Mehus

On Fri, 2 Jan 2004 22:01:46 +0100, "Sasa Milkowski"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>And anybody tried the new SilentX Power Supply which is supposed not to
>make such a noise?!?!?! How much does it cost? Its not available here...
>Sasa

Have it here in a ST61G4. Seems a little better than the 200 and 220W
PSUs, but havn't done a direct comparison.

--
Clas Mehus
Dataguiden : http://www.pcworld.no/dataguiden/
"Den som har flest prylar när han dör vinner..."

eric

since it looks like you are from germany, you might wanna try the
'NoiseBlocker' fans. I always wanted to get one, but you can't find
em outside of europe. check their website.

link: http://www.noiseblocker.de/

David Jones

My ST61G4 Silent X Power Supply is absolutely quiet...... I replaced the
I.C.E. fan which had a bit of vibration with a little more quiet unit but
is is still not absolutely quiet The new ST62K must be very quiet since the
power supply is external. With an external power supply, I bet they used a
less powerfull fan.

news:3ff5dbde$0$17553$(E-Mail Removed)-online.net...