Which motherboard do you recommend.

JimL

I just ordered a SATA-300 drive and now I need to get a
motherboard/cpu that will use it.

Cost is important so the sky is NOT the limit. But I want at least
an AMD Athlon 64 3500+ processor.

I am not a gamer so a built in graphics would be nice, but am willing
to pay $120 bucks for a graphics card.

Which motherboard do I need?

tod

ECS 755

"JimL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I just ordered a SATA-300 drive and now I need to get a
> motherboard/cpu that will use it.
>
> Cost is important so the sky is NOT the limit. But I want at least
> an AMD Athlon 64 3500+ processor.
>
> I am not a gamer so a built in graphics would be nice, but am willing
> to pay $120 bucks for a graphics card.
>
> Which motherboard do I need?

JimL

On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 12:09:06 -0600, JimL <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I just ordered a SATA-300 drive and now I need to get a
>motherboard/cpu that will use it.
>
> Cost is important so the sky is NOT the limit. But I want at least
>an AMD Athlon 64 3500+ processor.
>
> I am not a gamer so a built in graphics would be nice, but am willing
>to pay $120 bucks for a graphics card.
>
> Which motherboard do I need?

I went with an ASROCK 939SLI32-eSataII

Man is it fast, and only $80 for the motherboard.

BigDog

If you are going to use onboard video DEFINTLY get a NVIDIA GeForce 6150
board like this one. The best video right now.You will also be able to
upgrade to an athlon dual core cpu later. .