Why no K8NGM2-FID board available? Is there something wrong with them?

johnfofawn@hotmail.com

Hi,

After much reading I determined that the K8NGM2-FID was the best
motherboard for use in my new Media Center PC. I've been waiting 3
weeks for them to be in-stock at New Egg. Now they aren't even listed
on New Egg's site. They are backordered at ZipZoomFly also.

What's up with this? Is there some problem with the board?

Is there someplace else that is reputable that has them in stock?

Thanks!!!
John

Folk

On 14 Sep 2006 11:21:11 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>Hi,
>
>After much reading I determined that the K8NGM2-FID was the best
>motherboard for use in my new Media Center PC. I've been waiting 3
>weeks for them to be in-stock at New Egg. Now they aren't even listed
>on New Egg's site. They are backordered at ZipZoomFly also.
>
>What's up with this? Is there some problem with the board?
>
>Is there someplace else that is reputable that has them in stock?
>
>Thanks!!!
>John

NewEgg appears to have discontinued the item. Probably because MSI is
no longer making them... Socket 939 has been replaced by AM2.

Check this thread at Anandtech:
http://forums.anandtech.com/messagev...readid=1803985

It has a section on "Choosing a GeForce 6150 Board". You might find
an even better board there.

johnfofawn@hotmail.com

Thank you very much for your reply. I didn't realize the board was
discontinued and that 939 was replaced by AM2. I should have seen this
while researching the motherboard options. I'll pick a decent AM2-based
board. Thank you!!!!

John

Folk wrote:
> On 14 Sep 2006 11:21:11 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >After much reading I determined that the K8NGM2-FID was the best
> >motherboard for use in my new Media Center PC. I've been waiting 3
> >weeks for them to be in-stock at New Egg. Now they aren't even listed
> >on New Egg's site. They are backordered at ZipZoomFly also.
> >
> >What's up with this? Is there some problem with the board?
> >
> >Is there someplace else that is reputable that has them in stock?
> >
> >Thanks!!!
> >John

> NewEgg appears to have discontinued the item. Probably because MSI is
> no longer making them... Socket 939 has been replaced by AM2.
>
> Check this thread at Anandtech:
> http://forums.anandtech.com/messagev...readid=1803985
>
> It has a section on "Choosing a GeForce 6150 Board". You might find
> an even better board there.

jolt

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi,
>
> After much reading I determined that the K8NGM2-FID was the best
> motherboard for use in my new Media Center PC. I've been waiting 3
> weeks for them to be in-stock at New Egg. Now they aren't even listed
> on New Egg's site. They are backordered at ZipZoomFly also.
>
> What's up with this? Is there some problem with the board?
>
> Is there someplace else that is reputable that has them in stock?
>
> Thanks!!!
> John

The K8NGM2-NBP is the board that replaced the K8NGM2-FID very similar.
Link to info on both boards
http://forums.anandtech.com/messagev...readid=1803985

Ewiz has then in stock for 77.00
http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?p=MB-...f8822a07177c4a

bodacious

On Sat, 30 Sep 2006 13:28:31 -0400, "jolt" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed) roups.com...
>> Hi,
>>
>> After much reading I determined that the K8NGM2-FID was the best
>> motherboard for use in my new Media Center PC. I've been waiting 3
>> weeks for them to be in-stock at New Egg. Now they aren't even listed
>> on New Egg's site. They are backordered at ZipZoomFly also.
>>
>> What's up with this? Is there some problem with the board?
>>
>> Is there someplace else that is reputable that has them in stock?
>>
>> Thanks!!!
>> John
>>

>The K8NGM2-NBP is the board that replaced the K8NGM2-FID very similar.
>Link to info on both boards
>http://forums.anandtech.com/messagev...readid=1803985

That's the security model for corporate networks with the built in
security key hardware. It doesn't have as many HTPC features as
the -FID model eg no firewire, less video outputs, no raid 5 etc.
It's for office clones.

The -FID model is out of stock because it's October and all the kids
bought computers for school; esp since AMD cpu prices are dirt cheap
right now. Not to mention everyone is buying them up for cheap
HTPCs since the Media Industry nazis (ohmagod that word) won't sell
you a decent HDTV tuner these days unless you get it as a PCI board.

Bottom line though, socket 939 is going away fast. They may not be
making any more of those motherboards when the pipeline is dry.

The good news is there is a MSI AM2 6150 version, the bad news is
it's not listed anymore at newegg either.

Perversely, the Asus 6150 motherboard is available in both 939 and
AM2 versions at newegg. Of course, no one wanted the crippled Asus
version.

PS if you want DDR ram sticks, you better get them soon also.
Prices are rising and most good models are out of stock.